Westwater RPG kickstarter

This forum is for ads for products/services/etc. Publishers are free to post ads here or in their own forum section, if applicable. Ads and/or announcements for free resources are also welcome in Open Discussion.

Westwater RPG kickstarter

Postby Knight7000 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 am

Westwater is a wild west retroclone of Tom Moldvay's basic/expert ruleset, containing rules for either a historical or fantasy style

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1693797308/westwater-role-playing-game
Knight7000

Re: Westwater RPG kickstarter

Postby Blood axe » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm

CANCELLED!!

Many of you are probably wondering why I have canceled this project. After A LOT of thought over the past week, it was decided that trying to gain funding for artwork on a very niche project such as this is not the best way to proceed. Looking at similar projects within the industry, it was decided that it will be better to complete this project without interior artwork and release it as a free download.

I can't speak for other game designers, but for myself, the reward is in hearing others having fun playing your stuff. Nobody goes into game design to make money. As the saying goes, "the best way to end up with a million dollars as a game designer is to start with two." :)

That is why I feel the best course of action at this time is to release a free version, sans art (probably released in the next couple of months). Who knows, maybe down the road a version with artwork and available for hard copy will be available.

I wanted to thank every one of you who supported this and for your words of encouragement. That really does mean a lot.

Thanks again!

Rod
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Westwater RPG kickstarter

Postby Blood axe » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm

To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -