Mutant Future Settlement Creation Game (Help?)

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Mutant Future Settlement Creation Game (Help?)

Postby Vault13Dweller » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello,
My players have recently, due to story-line reasons, have been given the opportunity to start a settlement with a sufficient amount of supplies and starting collateral. They will be starting a settlement in a desert setting to attract people and get them to like the organization that the players are working for. I need help developing how the entire system of this settlement creation and management will work, with things like starting location, food, water, defense, etc.

Anybody have any ideas or mechanics or things to help?
Don't drink the glowing water. - the Vault Dweller
Vault13Dweller

Re: Mutant Future Settlement Creation Game (Help?)

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:45 am

It doesn't necessarily need a mechanical element; just have the Players state what they intend to do, how they're going to try and get things to work, run some adventures based on their efforts, and apply a mixture of drama and common sense. Take a very organic approach and you'll be golden.

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Re: Mutant Future Settlement Creation Game (Help?)

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Did anything happen with this game/idea?

If not...I find that a particular focus is usually welcome for a game setting such as you describe.

Such as...

a source of clean water, deep and plentiful

an oasis that defies the desert by providing a consistently fertile zone

a deep vault, opened and cleared, but still a structure that offers a great deal

a plant that only grows there, can not live elsewhere...eat the fruit and age backwards or removes mutations or other

a location of a friendly and cooperative AI...an oracle or seer...google x 1 million
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Mutant Future