I ran my first "convention" game

For discussion of the Labyrinth Lord Society, Society events, or anything else Society related.

I ran my first "convention" game

Postby carlanco » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Cross-posted from my blog (http://urudnd.blogspot.com)

Well, it was not really a convention but I like the way it sound. It was more a gaming day ("VII Jornada De Rol De Invierno De Caballeros De Montevideo") that's organized in winter to gather non-perishable food and/or warm clothing to be donated. You can check about the event here and here (both links are in Spanish).

I wanted to run a short low-level adventure using Labyrinth Lord and after some search I bought "Ruins of Ramat" at DriveThruRPG.com. I thought that a short adventure for 4 to 6 1st level characters with pregen ones to speed things up, would be a good choice for the event. I talked about it with my fellow players of our Google Wave game, and I learned that Rob Conley (Bat in the Attic) uses it at conventions. I knew I was on the right path. Thanks guys for all the tips!

And since I'm a "Knight of Dangerous Quests" of the Labyrinth Lord Society, I've posted a couple of pics (yes, I want those points!) that document the event.

Saludos!
Gabriel

P.S: You can see the event flyer here: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3669/posterinvierno2011.jpg
carlanco

Re: I ran my first "convention" game

Postby austrodavicus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Great to see photos and I love the flyer. Thanks Gabriel, points recorded.

Dave
austrodavicus

Postby carlanco » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 am

Thanks Dave!
carlanco

Postby Thakazum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 am

Me gusta the flyer.
Thakazum

Return to Labyrinth Lord Society