#rpgnet welcomes Daniel Proctor (Cryptworld) 10/28/2013 7:00

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Re: #rpgnet welcomes Daniel Proctor (Cryptworld) 10/28/2013

Postby Bisikoff » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:42 pm

MattyHelms wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see what is in the works. I can't help but read what is probably too much into Dan's intro to CW - does the fact that "things" and "in the future" are italicize mesn we can look forward to a monster book and some science fiction?

I noticed that as well, but assume Dan and TIm just like italicizing random words in paragraphs.

The fact that Phil Reed, of Ronin Arts - who owns Space Ace (for example) - isn't hugely active on RA due to his move to COO of SJGames ... hmmm.
Bisikoff

Postby MattyHelms » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, we never thought we would see a revival of Pacesetter Chill and we ended up with something even better. Dan probably can't comment beyond italicized hints if something is in the works, but I'm sure hoping for a generic Pacesetter science fiction game.
MattyHelms

Postby Bisikoff » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 pm

Yes, well, given CryptWorld is it's own thing, and RotWorld, Majus ... certainly, the Pacesetter line is filling out nicely.

I'm looking forward to 2014's surprises, regardless. :)
Bisikoff

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:55 pm

MattyHelms wrote:Well, we never thought we would see a revival of Pacesetter Chill and we ended up with something even better. Dan probably can't comment beyond italicized hints if something is in the works, but I'm sure hoping for a generic Pacesetter science fiction game.

Oh I can comment some, I think I've mentioned it elsewhere. Myself and Ryan Denison (coauthor of Mutant Future) have been very slowly here and there working on a sci-fi game since January 2011. It is very unlike Star Ace, I can say that. As for a monster book, I'm at the early stages of thinking about it right now, trying to decide whther to do a monster book (I would open it to submissions) or fold new monsters into a campaign supplement that includes other new stuff/rules as well.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DavetheLost » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 am

Just read through the Q&A transcript. Nice, I hope the enthusiasm leads to sales.

As for the question of separate monster book vs campaign guide/supplement either is fine with me. I think that a general PaceSetter Sourcebook with Gear, Gadgets, Guns, Monsters, new Paranormal Talents, magical adits what ever would be a cool supplement. Something gathering all the sort of general stuff together to save reprinting it in three or four different books so it's available for each game. Also more skills please. Stage Magic/Sleight of Hand, Business/Economics are two that I have recently added to fit character concepts.

I am already plotting using Crypt World and Magus together for a dark urban fantasy some what like Mortal Instruments (I have a 13 year old daughter who is wild about the books). It will probably pull in some elements from my Call of Cthulhu game as well. I really like the Pacesetter system better so I am converting the conspiracy stuff from my CoC game. Plots revolving around Hastur and the King in Yellow, starring David Bowie...
DavetheLost

Postby MattyHelms » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Oh I can comment some, I think I've mentioned it elsewhere. Myself and Ryan Denison (coauthor of Mutant Future) have been very slowly here and there working on a sci-fi game since January 2011. It is very unlike Star Ace, I can say that. As for a monster book, I'm at the early stages of thinking about it right now, trying to decide whther to do a monster book (I would open it to submissions) or fold new monsters into a campaign supplement that includes other new stuff/rules as well.

Yes!

While I am excited about your plans, I am slightly disappointed you didn't choose to utilize italicized hints. ;)
MattyHelms

Postby Bisikoff » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Oh I can comment some, I think I've mentioned it elsewhere. Myself and Ryan Denison (coauthor of Mutant Future) have been very slowly here and there working on a sci-fi game since January 2011. It is very unlike Star Ace, I can say that. As for a monster book, I'm at the early stages of thinking about it right now, trying to decide whther to do a monster book (I would open it to submissions) or fold new monsters into a campaign supplement that includes other new stuff/rules as well.

Sounds awesome.
Bisikoff

Previous

Return to CRYPTWORLD