defence table question

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

defence table question

Postby Hi5nZombie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

I am getting ready to run a cryptworld game, so I am practicing running through the combat.... I picked something simple to start off, a guy shooting zombies from 25 yards. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly as it seems really difficult for my guy with a base chance of 83% to score a called head shot if the zombie gets to roll a 1d10 on the defence table. My first roll attack margin was 53, the zombie rolled a 7 on the defence column causing only medium damage!

Is this correct? These shambling zombies can dodge bullets? Am I missing something? Assume these are 'Night of the Living Dead' zombies. Slow. What if I wanted the character to shoot an 86 year old senior citizen in a wheel chair?
Hi5nZombie

Re: defence table question

Postby sniderman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 am

That is basically correct, and the random d10 defense roll for the target is the default. But you can always add a missile attack modifier to the roll as you see fit (pg. 35). But rather than penalize the shooter due to the target's dodging and weaving, you can instead give a BONUS of 20-30 to the shooter due to the target's immobility/slowness. That's how I'd rule. Or, if you'd rather, just use Column 3 (Skills) as your default for gunfire against lumbering zombies.
sniderman

Return to CRYPTWORLD