Skull Mountain: Beginnings

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: Beginnings

Postby Kristian » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Sal takes a seat with Maeglin and the rest, motioning for Maeglin to deal him in on next round. "What's this I hear of some gold to be earned?" a little more emphatically than even his normal avarice dictates.
Gnumerous Gnomes - Gneneral RPG Foolishness
Kristian

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 am

Kristian wrote:Sal takes a seat with Maeglin and the rest, motioning for Maeglin to deal him in on next round. "What's this I hear of some gold to be earned?" a little more emphatically than even his normal avarice dictates.

"Still waiting on the town's patron to fill us in. Figured to enjoy my afternoon here, getting to know the townsfolk from the comfort of a chair instead of running around pesterin' them."

Maeglin deals another round of cards, and taps the deck in a pattern the two men know to mean "Let one player win big, while both of us win small but steady all night long." It was an old hustle, but the rubes here probably never heard of it. The exitement woud keep new people coming to the table, and then the "Lucky Stiff" would find his luck deserting him for the last hour, taking him back to where he started.
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 am

One of the poker player's ears perk at your table.

"Gold te be earned, ye say? What's there a job to be doin'? Is that what brings ye te town?"
greyarea

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:51 am

greyarea wrote:One of the poker player's ears perk at your table.

"Gold te be earned, ye say? What's there a job to be doin'? Is that what brings ye te town?"

"Aye, a job, and this inn's exceptionally fine honey wine, and of course a chance to meet friendly folks, such as yourself, at the gaming table. " Maeglin smiles at the man in his friendliest manner. "Criers have been posted to several towns, but the details were light. Perhaps you gentlemen know something? Has anything been troubling this fine township?"
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:22 am

Furuk will order some food from Rosco and have him bring it out. He walks to the back of the inn and joins Maeglin and the other local degenerates for a game.

“You can deal me in…”

He takes a seat and tries to make some conversation while waiting on his food.
Craigers07

Postby nathan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 am

In a wooded area just past the outskirts of the village, Cygnus has crouched beside a patch of plants that has caught his attention. Moments later a bird calls out, followed by another, and the Druid looks up into the distance to see an elf passing through the far side of the woods. He is quickly drawn back into examining the ground around him and decides to carefully obtain a specimen.

//Cygnus is particularly interested in poisonous plants, but if none are present he is studying the herbs and other plant-life populating these woods.//
nathan

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Surfing HalfOrc wrote:
greyarea wrote:One of the poker player's ears perk at your table.

"Aye, a job, and this inn's exceptionally fine honey wine, and of course a chance to meet friendly folks, such as yourself, at the gaming table. " Maeglin smiles at the man in his friendliest manner. "Criers have been posted to several towns, but the details were light. Perhaps you gentlemen know something? Has anything been troubling this fine township?"

"Ain't seen no signs round here," the player says. "I could always use more coin. What do you think the job is? Who's hiring?"
greyarea

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 pm

Anadrea will hang out in the forest with Cygnus, talking with squirrels and birds and eating edible plants.

She will return to the Inn before dusk

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Professor P » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 pm

KALVAIN returns to his room to rest until the appointed meeting time.
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Dandy Dwarf finds the beer (at the inn) but mumbles,

"...aint much fer gamblin but I doos like me ales!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain