Return to the Manor

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Manor

Postby greyarea » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:31 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Dandy

"OH BELENUS! YE GREAT GOD OF LIGHT!"

OOC: So is Dandy's spells all prayed for and refreshed? I also assume the 24hr period has passed for the Staff of Healing? Of course, Furuk is the focus, then Grimes. The point of suggesting two (full) days of rest is so that Dandy can pray/study for another round of healing and - possibly - have some left over before they head back down.

... doesn't make much sense to get all healed up and head back down if'n he aint got'tany spells to heal ye's wit!!

yes, new day, new spells and refreshed staff.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:32 am

tumblingdice wrote:Castinus, assuming he has a spare set of clothes, changes out of his cowardly pants into something cleaner. He then plops himself down to relax, close to Shae, but not too close. I don't know. He'll sit casual, to paraphrase Han Solo. He scowls at Grimes' jest. "I'll take first watch," he says, helping himself to a swig of the nearest alcoholic beverage.

THE PREVIOUS EVENING
Shae sits on a log near the fire. Staring into the flames, she tries to forget how she shamed herself, and pretends she can not hear Grimes's cruelity. "What a vile, horrid little piece of..." her thoughts of the halfling trail off and her face softens as she watches Castinus return from changing his clothing. "Over here," she says softly, as she pats a spot on the log next to her. "Hey you," she smiles as she bumps him gently with her shoulder as he sits. "Thank you for having my back. I did not... represent us well today, but you were there for me. That means a lot." And with that she is content to sit close to Castinus, talking quietly, watching the wood pop and crackle in the flames.

ooc: @greyarea: Hope the retcon post is okay by you, I thought tumblingdice deserved a reply.
Same spells studied as usual.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 am

Grimes - Halfling

Grimes returns from his scouting expedition and says "Nothing much to see. The dwarves are holed up in their little fortress still, no sign of any ogres, and the things we killed have turned to dust or something like that. But there is something interesting flying around up there" (motioning toward the sky) He glances at Shae and Castinus and winks, then he pats Dandy on the back and shouts to Theo and Karl, "Hey boys, pour me a beer, would ya?" With that, he'll set down and keep an eye on the skies.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter takes in the banter and will grab a beer also...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:28 am

Dandy

For starters, Dandy will use the Staff of Healing on each person wounded, even if it's a minor wound like 1hp. Then he will cast CLW on Furuk, as many times as needed (up to 5). Once that's done, he'll see what he can do for Grimes on this day, or may have to wait until next day.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Dandy goes around with his magic staff, healing those in need. Dieter is completely healed, Grimes Heal [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, and Furuk Heal [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

He also casts Cure Light Wounds on Furuk once Heal [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, twice Heal [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3, thrice Heal [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, four times Heal [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6, and a fifth time Heal [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6. Furuk feels a bit better, but he might want to stay away from cold blasts in the future.

The raptors are gone by mid-morning and return in late evening but never get close enough for you to know what they are. Otherwise the day passes rather peacefully.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 38/46
--Furuk 43/51
Dieter 27/27
--Dandy 33/33
Castinus 29/29
--Shaelyyndenel 19/19
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes lounges around and drinks some beer now and then, and gives Dandy a hearty pat on the back for the healing. "I'm feeling much better now. Almost ready to go back in and kill some more ogres..."

Assuming we are waiting one more day, Grimes will volunteer to sneak back inside the manor just a bit while invisible to ensure no one or nothing is waiting on us.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Dieter - Mage

Were there not stairs that went down in the dungeon?... either way, maybe we should sweep it one more time... he will say with a shrug.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk thanks Dandy for the healing. He spends the day telling old tales with his friends and enjoying a few beers.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Grimes

Grimes will make merry with Furuk, Happily listening to his tales, and re-telling the tales of the battle with the dragon - with Dieter as owl, and Furuk killing all the darklings, and himself riding the dragon into the water...

OOC: The stairs sound fine. Perhaps after the day's rest, Grimes could recon invisibly or our thief could go in and poke around to see what our exploits have caused, and then we go back in and start killing stuff again.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain