Making another LULU order- what to get?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Making another LULU order- what to get?

Postby sniderman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 am

michaelcurtis wrote:
Brad wrote:
djeryv wrote:Image

I like this book. I just got it the other day.

- Djeryv

How is it? Been contemplating on picking up, waffling...

A sheer masterpiece destined to take its place amongst the greatest tomes ever written for or about fantasy gaming.

I might be a tad biased, however. :P

If anyone is still hedging on Dungeon Alphabet, how about this:

Lulu has the hardback on sale (as I hammer this out) for $6.79 (32% off). I just used Lulu code SINK305 for another 20% off, and bringing it down to a staggering $5.43. Standard shipping is $3.99 so I just got this for less than $10.00 shipped.

Why are you still reading this post? GO GO GO GO GO GO order it.
sniderman

Postby onearmspence » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi

What can you tell me about the quality of the paper on the dungeon alphabet? (I just received my printed copy of MF through Lulu and I wasnt pleased by the quality of the paper (it looks like my self-printed copy of LL.)
onearmspence

Postby Blood axe » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:25 am

I ordered the Dungeon Alphabet thru LULU. After waitinga month I finally get an email that they cancelled my order for it. WTF?! :x
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Blood axe wrote:I ordered the Dungeon Alphabet thru LULU. After waitinga month I finally get an email that they cancelled my order for it. WTF?! :x

A is for angry :x

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby sniderman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

I sorta had the same thing happen, only I canceled my order. After waiting nearly three weeks (I usually get my Lulu orders within 10-14 days), I dropped them a note asking about the status as it never moved to the printing status. I got some vague email that the printing side of the process is submitted to a seperate vendor and yadda yadda. In other words, "we have no control when you'll get this." So I cancelled my order, went to eBay, and bought it new from there.

I assume it may have something to do with the hardbacks taking longer than the softcovers to print/bind, but I've ordered several hardback tomes from Lulu without delays, so who knows what happened with this specific book?
sniderman

Previous

Return to Open Discussion