Strange Stones

This area is for people to discuss and/or advertise their blogs. Material for sale should be advertised in the Advertisements forum.

Strange Stones

Postby The Venomous Pao » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 pm

On the off chance anyone hasn't stumbled across my little hidey-hole, I thought I'd pimp it for a minute...

StrangeStones.com is a blog dedicated to dorky RPG goodness, strongly-but-not-exclusively geared towards Old School things, with a distinct Labyrinth Lord (plus Advanced Edition Companion) leaning. A few things, new and old, that might be of interest to readers of this forum include:

The Demons of Adad Untash
    A whole passel of demons (Lower Order, Standard Order, Higher Order) for LL, with a distinctly Sumerian flavor. The Demon Lords for this "pantheon" are forthcoming. Just not necessarily soon :)

Labyrinth Lord Rogues Gallery
    An ongoing series of pre-generated characters for use as NPCs, pregens for one shot and con games, and so on. Five pre-built adventuring parties and a whole mess of entries by class are available. Enjoy!

A Labyrinth Lord GM Screen
    It's not the fanciest GM screen in the world, and it's definitely targeted at LL/AEC games. But it should fit the bill if you're stuck for something to hide your notes behind.

A Form-fillable copy of the LL/AEC Character Sheet
    It is exactly what it says on the tin. I don't recall anyone else having busted one of these out, but I could be wrong. Oh, and for the record, it's the official Goblinoid Games sheet - I just added the form-filling to it.

All of these delights and more (not all of it LL material, but still keen!) await you free of charge at the ad-free (and damn proud of it) StrangeStones.com. I'm not the most regular blogger (I believe that award really ought to go to comrade bat at Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets), but I try to keep the content coming.
Old School, New School and other bloggy bits at StrangeStones.com
The Venomous Pao

Re: Strange Stones

Postby elf23 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 am

The demons are great!
elf23

Postby The Venomous Pao » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:00 pm

elf23 wrote:The demons are great!

Thanks, elf23! I'm digging what you've got on The City of Iron, too! Especially those thread & rope spells. Keep 'em coming! :)
The Venomous Pao

Postby Mangus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 am

Pao,

You already know how much I enjoy your demonic blogging! Any blog that uses an image of Father Dagon in it's header is a winner in my book!

:twisted:

Shane
Swords Against the Outer Dark -- Where Sword & Sorcery Gaming Meets Cthulhiana and Yog-Sothothery

Facebook / Twitter
Mangus

Postby The Venomous Pao » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:56 am

Mangus wrote:Pao,

You already know how much I enjoy your demonic blogging! Any blog that uses an image of Father Dagon in it's header is a winner in my book!

:twisted:

Shane

Many thanks, amigo! How could I pass up ol' Dagon, really? I mean, he's just so dadgum dagonny!
The Venomous Pao

A Few New Things

Postby The Venomous Pao » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 am

Some of these have been around for a couple of weeks, but I hadn't pimped them here yet...

* Random Adventure Ideas
* Random Attendees At The Masquerade
* Random Tombstones Found When Poking Through The Cemetery
* Random Weird Magical Storms

Each of these is an "All The Dice" style table (an idea I yoinked from Grim, who sadly seems to have quit blogging) and are tooled for LL - though they're all generic enough to use with just about any (fantasy) game. But, this being the LL boards, I figure they should work out nicely for you fine folks playing LL.
The Venomous Pao

Postby bat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 pm

All of it is quality material, every bit!
bat

Postby The Venomous Pao » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

bat wrote:All of it is quality material, every bit!

Thank you, comrade bat! I'm still just walking (stumbling, really) in your footsteps, though!

Seriously, folks, if you aren't reading bat's stuff at Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets regularly, you're missing out on some good, good stuff.
The Venomous Pao

Postby bat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:55 am

Oh yeah? It wouldn't be possible for me to juggle all of those game mechanics like you do. I can barely handle LL/AEC and BoL. Why does it take so long for me to write the .vs Monsters version of my setting?
bat

Postby The Venomous Pao » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:12 am

bat wrote:Oh yeah? It wouldn't be possible for me to juggle all of those game mechanics like you do. I can barely handle LL/AEC and BoL. Why does it take so long for me to write the .vs Monsters version of my setting?

I think your consistency outweighs my diversity 10:1, personally. But I also know that I flat can't do the consistency, so I'll embrace my diversity and be happy :)

I can't help ya on the vs. Monsters thing, since I haven't read the rules. Are they full of twisty little passages (all alike)? I know that some games get that way and throw me for a loop.
The Venomous Pao

Next

Return to Bloggers