LL and LL Advanced Spells

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: LL and LL Advanced Spells

Postby Tizun Thane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:01 pm

I think I am going to print out my LL Basic, and the spells for LL Advanced.

Thanks all :)
Tizun Thane

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Denim N Leather wrote:That sounds amazing; I'm going to be picking up a copy of UA tomorrow!

It's my favorite book for AD&D, although I never thought of using it in my AEC game!!

Blood Axe is right, the first edition is awesome sauce (I don't know anything about 3.5 however). Here's what it looks like:

SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Eeeee.... I wouldn't go with Awesomesauce to describe the original edition. It was the power-gaming-handbook of the 1e era.

(some exaggeration below)

Don't like 4d6-L chargen, don't worry, fighters now get 9d6 (keep the best 3) for Strength!
Weapons don't do enough damage? Here, now fighters and fighter subclasses can get +3/+3 with their weapons and increased fire rates with their missile weapons!
Paladin wasn't awesome enough? Make it a subclass of the new Cavalier instead of Fighter and your ability scores go up every level!
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Tizun Thane » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Man that cover...
Tizun Thane

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Dyson Logos wrote:Eeeee.... I wouldn't go with Awesomesauce to describe the original edition. It was the power-gaming-handbook of the 1e era.

(some exaggeration below)

Don't like 4d6-L chargen, don't worry, fighters now get 9d6 (keep the best 3) for Strength!
Weapons don't do enough damage? Here, now fighters and fighter subclasses can get +3/+3 with their weapons and increased fire rates with their missile weapons!
Paladin wasn't awesome enough? Make it a subclass of the new Cavalier instead of Fighter and your ability scores go up every level!

I haven't looked at it in years, I just remember loving it for the spells & magic item stuffs. We never used those (stats & weapons) rule variations, and never bothered w/Cavaliers or Pallys as a sub-class. Hell, I don't even remember those rules LOL. :lol:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Denim N Leather » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Found a used copy of UA for $30, including shipping, from Toll & Toad. Depending on the weather, I may see it this week!
Denim N Leather

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:12 pm

You can go to a gamer trader forum named http://www.bartertown.com and post in the RPG section that you want to buy "_____" book/module and someone will reply to you. You can also find people selling these items there. eBay used to be awesome (bout 10 years ago) but now it's just known as 'FEEbay.' LOL

I still look on eBay for hard to find stuff though. Careful with Troll & Toad though - I've seen some of their prices on stuff and it's just looney.

You can also check amazon.com as there are some sellers on there that sell used AD&D stuff for a fairly decent price; however, even amazon has some looney-bin folks - I just checked and there's someone selling that exact book for $225 - in "acceptable" condition - not autographed or anything.

Between bartertown, feebay, and amazon - you should be able to find just about anything old school, but if folks have other resources they use - I sure would like to know them! :D

connivingsumo

Postby Denim N Leather » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:48 pm

^ Thanks for the additional info. I'm on the lookout for Rules Cyclopedia, but the prices ppl are asking on Amazon are horrendous!
Denim N Leather

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Denim N Leather wrote:^ Thanks for the additional info. I'm on the lookout for Rules Cyclopedia, but the prices ppl are asking on Amazon are horrendous!
OUCH! $70.

You could try bartertown, in the RPG section (towards the bottom) you post a thread that you're looking for the Rules Cyclopedia and see if anyone responds. On Bartertown, people either post in your thread or send you a PM; occasionally, players will do both to be sure you get their message.

Bartertown has a pretty savvy crowd so if the book is really worth that... they may ask for something near it; although, people love to trade on that forum so... you never know.

connivingsumo

Postby Blood axe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Denim N Leather wrote:^ Thanks for the additional info. I'm on the lookout for Rules Cyclopedia, but the prices ppl are asking on Amazon are horrendous!

Keep checking Ebay. Look out for "lots" especially. It might be part of a larger lot. I got mine for $20 on Ebay.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord