GOOD Maps for PA games?

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

GOOD Maps for PA games?

Postby Blood axe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 am

Are there any really good maps for MF or other PA games? Perhaps on RPGnow or smething.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: GOOD Maps for PA games?

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Rather than buy one, which I am not against the idea of spending money lol, perhaps you could recycle viable maps?

What are you looking for, scale wise?

A planet?
A continent?
A country?
A county?
A city?
A town?
etc.

For a planet, one of my favorite plans, depending on your desired application...do you want a water world?...check with your local used book store and grab a map of the earth from a national geographic, use a heavy blue wide tip marker and trace all the land masses...the new blue represents the raising of the water table and the shrinking or reduction of land...it will look quite different...get some poster board or foamcore and cut out the new land pieces and glue to the board...use as is or cut down to scan-able size and process digitally, print at local print place that has larger poster sizes.

That sort of thing.

I did one of these in reverse, I reduced the land to water ratio...I turned the map upside down and then changed a few edges...land masses became the water and oceans became the land.

I have used city maps, again using online ones and print or national geographic maps, and modified the details or kept the map to myself, only showing the players what they can see.

Good luck with your plans.

:)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Mutant Future