Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm

"Fine by me," Rory says. "Wake me up when it's my turn." He hands Marcus the urn, then soon drifts off into a slumber, thinking about women and glasses of beer.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Nahin - Elf

Aye, wise plan Marcus... let's keep the urn safe until it completes it's journey. Nahin will cold weather prep his armor and take his usual watch along with the others.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:23 am

Jayce - Fighter
Jayce examines his new armor by the fire until he turns in. Chasing dreams of unending battles with undead, he sleeps fitfully until his watch begins.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:21 am

A Triumphant Return

Your journey to the Wolverines village is uneventful, and other than the wind and cold, you arrive late on the second day to a modest yet large barbarian enclave. As you enter the village, you are greeted by hundreds of fur clad cheering Wolverine populace who line the gravel path leading to a large wooden hut that bears the symbol and flag of Chieftan Mangalore. Shaman Klekt smiles broadly, his toothless grin punctuating the happy demeanor of the people here.

As you dismount in front of the large hut, the door swings open and the tall and broad form of Mangalore bursts into view. He has a stern look on his face, and his gaze sweeps all of you, settling on Marcus. He then lifts his hand, silencing the village. Then in his booming voice, he says in common "My men tell me that you have retrieved the ashes of the great one, and the spirits are now in restful sleep. Is this true? What have you for us, brave men of Daggerford?

Mangalore smiles a thin smile, nodding at Klekt, and the people remain dead silent, staring at all of you.

Actions? (I believe Marcus had the ashes, and the rest of the treasure was evenly carried. You may want to quickly review the loot and the last bit of the quest just for clarity) We'll not spend days and days here, but the reward and kudos are well-earned, so we'll close this part out and then carry on when all is done and everyone is ready to move on.

Sorry for the lengthy delay, gents. I'm glad to get this going again. Things are going to change up a bit soon, so get ready for some coolness.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin stays quiet, he'll let Marcus handle the talking. He will silently wish the barbarians understood the benefits of bathing.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Marcus

Marcus presents the ashes to Mangalore. These ashes will help the Wolverines reclaim their glory. We met Viliusk and he commended them to you. He also gives you this staff, waving at his companion who took the Staff-Mace of Viliusk, and says, may it aid you in your efforts. His love of the Wolverines knows no bounds, even in death he cares for you.

Thank you for allowing us to meet this great man and assist in bringing the Wolverines back to glory.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Nahin - Elf

I think Nahin may have the staff, if so he will walk forward and hand it over.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:49 am

Rory keeps silent, scanning the crowd for any barbarian women who look easy.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:07 am

Mangalore gingerly takes the ashes from Marcus, and holds them high for all to see. The assembled Wolverine populace drop to their knees in reverence. Mangalore quickly hands the urn to Klekkt, who takes it inside the Chieftan's hut. Mangalore raises both arms toward the party and says in his booming voice: "From this day forward, let it be known that these brave men are one with the Wolverines. If they should need help, we shall provide it. If they need shelter, we will open our doors to them. And the Duke of Daggerford can count on the Wolverines whenever he needs us." He begins to speak again in his native tongue (presumably repeating what he just said.) and as he ends his speech, the crowd rises and cheers so loudly that it is painful to your ears. For a full 3-5 minutes the crowd chants and applauds your efforts. Mangalore motions for the crowd to quiet, and with a smile, he takes the offered staff with wide eyes. At almost a whisper he says "It cannot be..." He looks up at you with tears in his eyes and he thrusts the staff skyward, and at it's sight, the crowd goes wild again. "With the ashes of Viliusk, and the mighty one's staff, we shall prosper!" For the next hour, the villagers file by you all, some crying with joy, all patting you and thanking you profusely. Shortly afterward, the smells of delicious cooking wild meats and breads fill the air, and a magnificent feast is had by all.
Rory notes (pleasantly, I might add) that about 10 Wolverine maidens have been hovering about and attending to your every need. All are attractive, young, and not smelly (Rory notes this in particular satisfaction)

As dancing and revelry take over the night, Mangalore sits at your table and chats with you. Asking you questions about what you encountered in the tomb and what you plan to do next. He pulls you aside to mention: He has signed the treaty with Daggerford. He mentions that no matter what, the Duke can count on him, all he needs to do is ask. He also says "We don't place much value on coin, but we have secured $1000GP for each of you, we'll hold it until you leave. He also hands you all some interesting silver signet rings, each bearing the stylized wolverine emblem. "Keep these handy. Whenever you need aid, the barbarian tribes of the realm will aid you. While we may feud amongst ourselves sometimes, the fellowship is solid, and we honor bravery and courage. He finally says "You are welcome to stay here as long as you like. I will seal the treaty and you may return it when you leave. We owe you a debt that mere coin cannot repay. Is there anything we can do for you? You have earned friends here within our tribe, and you will be one of us for as long as you live." He smiles and says "Enjoy yourselves. Enough talk of business for one night. The maids of the village shall take care of your, er, needs in any manner you should require. Please - make merry. These people haven't had this much to celebrate in 100 years. You are the heroes of the day. Enjoy your spoils, my friends." He excuses himself to retire with Klekt, to examine the ashes and staff. You are left to the whims of the people and your desires. The night is yours. You can stay here as long as you like, just let me know your plans. Any normal equipment needs will be free here, as will be room, board, and the ladies. You are treated as heroes and can do as you wish.

actions? Any plan prior to moving along?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 am

Nahin - Elf

My thanks Mangalore. Nahin will say on receipt of the ring. It was an honor to help.

Nahin will party it up but has no particular plans for the night.

OCC: Wolverine signet ring added to inventory.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure