Are you a 'drunk poster' ???

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Are you a 'drunk poster' ???

Postby connivingsumo » Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 am

I love Goblinoidgames - truly. This site gives me the opportunity to play "D&D" by post because I don't have the time (or energy) to go to a local game store to play; furthermore, the 'quality' of gaming I get here is... well... AWESOME!

That said, I have had a few experiences where I have "drunk posted" and then went back and thought... "WTF did I do??!!"

I'm just curious if anyone else 'drunk posts' or if it's just me. Hey - if it's "just me" - I can take a hint. Really.

But I want to know if I am the only one. Maybe you other "drunk posters" are better than me? If so, I want to learn from you!!!! :D

I've been trying to 'curb' my "drunk posts" by quite a bit. My fellow gamers - companions - don't deserve to die because I've consumed large amounts of adult beverage and make some "bad" decision that impacts the party, so I thought I would ask the "community" and see what they do. Yes, you may tell me "AA is your only choice, bro" - but I'm not really looking for that. In short, I'm not looking for 'rude comments' - I'm looking for folks like myself that have mastered the 'drunk post.'

I feel I am getting better - but I'm always open to suggestions - if you have a skill, strategy, talent, etc. I want to hear it! :D

Maybe I'm just looking for confirmation to know I am not alone. I don't have a "drinking problem" - I just like to have fun occasionally, and I thoroughly enjoy the PbP games here at Goblinoid. If any of you are out there - give me a "shout-out!!"

Cheers! :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Are you a 'drunk poster' ???

Postby monk » Sat May 12, 2012 4:24 am

I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't PBP. So the extent of my error is usually (1) pointing out something extremely obvious (which everyone is kind enough to ignore), or (2) posting a thread that shares information that NO ONE is interested in. I don't know if I've got any on this particular forum, but I have a few on other ones.

Probably the worst example, on a homebrewing beer forum: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/coors-light-wow-16222/
Thurwin the Bibliophile, 1st level Fighter (Stonehell)

http://wizardsmutantslaserpistols.blogspot.com/
monk

Postby connivingsumo » Sat May 12, 2012 6:07 am

monk wrote:I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't PBP. So the extent of my error is usually (1) pointing out something extremely obvious (which everyone is kind enough to ignore), or (2) posting a thread that shares information that NO ONE is interested in. I don't know if I've got any on this particular forum, but I have a few on other ones.

Probably the worst example, on a homebrewing beer forum: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/coors-light-wow-16222/

Monk - dude - this post just makes me laugh out loud! I probably fall into your category #2 - posting a thread that NO ONE is interested in! I clicked on your link - the posts are old - but the fact that someone responded with an avatar of an Ewok is... well... astonishing! A+ to you, brother!! :D

So how did that mini-keg of Coors Light turn out?? Were you able to re-use the keg to brew what you wanted? I didn't see the "result" in your post, so I just gotta ask here! :P

Cheers! :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat May 12, 2012 12:50 pm

monk wrote:

ha! I also post on those forums from time to time, but not recently (Dan_of_Earth). I want to get back into trying to make wine (and cider) after I move this summer. I haven't done any of that for a while. I have a two-year old bottle of blueberry wine I think I'll try to crack open soon.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby connivingsumo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:
monk wrote:

ha! I also post on those forums from time to time, but not recently (Dan_of_Earth). I want to get back into trying to make wine (and cider) after I move this summer. I haven't done any of that for a while. I have a two-year old bottle of blueberry wine I think I'll try to crack open soon.

MMMmmm cider! :D

connivingsumo

Postby monk » Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 am

I don't even know if I bothered to reuse the Coors Keg in the end. As you can tell from that thread, the whole endeavor became a trainwreck.

Great to hear of another homebrewer over here in the RPG world, Dan! I've often thought there must be some considerable comorbidity with homebrewing and RPG. I don't post much over on HBtalk anymore either, but I make a batch or two of ale every month still. I have a little home bar in the garage (with 5 gallon kegs instead of Coors minikegs!) and we play LL at the table right in front of it. It's like playing in a really messy tavern!

monk

Postby connivingsumo » Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

monk wrote:I have a little home bar in the garage (with 5 gallon kegs instead of Coors minikegs!) and we play LL at the table right in front of it. It's like playing in a really messy tavern!

That's awesome! :D

connivingsumo

Postby bat » Tue May 15, 2012 12:06 am

It is the fungus that always brings me down. :oops:
bat

Postby Mark » Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

I've drunk posted and had the same WTF moment. I've also written code and released it under the influence. The latter generally contains more bugs than normal but sometimes the tracks I take with a beer in my hand are more interesting that what I began. The imagination can be sparked by a bit o' brew.

As for brewing, I dabble in it myself. Just shifted to all gain brew beer brewing in January. Still trying to get comfortable with the entire process. Brewing is almost as fun as playing. My college group still gets together once a year for a gaming marathon weekend and I try always bring 3 different batches of home brew along. No complaints yet so I must be doing okay.
Mark

Postby monk » Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

There's a lot more leeway in all grain brewing than the brew nazis on hb forums would like you to think. Getting used to your own system is the best way to make tastier beer. Wouldn't mind showing up at your gaming marathon--sounds like a blast!

(Sorry for the thread derailment...)

monk

Next

Return to Open Discussion