North Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: North Passage

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 am

Castinus, not wanting to be left behind, follows the rest of the group.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 am

After 30 feet the corridor widens out into a low dome, the walls of which are of the same rubbery, magical, force field. Here lives the guardian of the treasure, just about the biggest giant crab anyone's ever seen.

About the forearm of one of the crab's claws is a rune-covered copper band.

It attacks!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 46/32
--Furuk 51/46
Dieter 27/27 <Sleep, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Fireball x2>
--Dandy 33/33 <CLW x5, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Remove Curse, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic>
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11

Number Nine
greyarea

Postby merias » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:22 am

Dandy, Dwarf Cleric

Dandy hurls Whelm at the creature "Take that, ye crusty giant!"
merias

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:44 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes gets wide eyed and shouts "What the hell? Looks like it's gonna be crab legs for dinner tonight!" And with that, he charges the thing with his sword, intent on dismembering one of the tasty legs or claw...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 am

Dieter - Mage

Dead bunnies that thing is huge! He'll unload a magic missile at the crab.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 am

"Dead bunnies?" Castinus replies. "Dead people!" he shouts, unloading an arrow with his bow +1 of doubling.

OC: Gotta love that picture from the module. Who goes adventuring with a pole-arm and a Speedo. Or a helmet with a wrench sticking out of the top? :lol:
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 pm

tumblingdice wrote:OC: Gotta love that picture from the module. Who goes adventuring with a pole-arm and a Speedo. Or a helmet with a wrench sticking out of the top? :lol:

That's originally by Erol Otus. A master of the art at the time but some of his choices were odd, to say the least.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm

greyarea wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:OC: Gotta love that picture from the module. Who goes adventuring with a pole-arm and a Speedo. Or a helmet with a wrench sticking out of the top? :lol:

That's originally by Erol Otus. A master of the art at the time but some of his choices were odd, to say the least.

Was talking to a guy one day about the old school artists, Otus, Elmore, Roslof, Trampier, Sutherland, and the topic came back to Otus, and the guy got this inquisitive look and said "Is that they guy who does all the nipples in his stuff?" It took me a second to think about it and I said "Yup, that's the guy." Good art, but DEF a bit odd.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:39 pm

badams30 wrote:
greyarea wrote:

Was talking to a guy one day about the old school artists, Otus, Elmore, Roslof, Trampier, Sutherland, and the topic came back to Otus, and the guy got this inquisitive look and said "Is that they guy who does all the nipples in his stuff?" It took me a second to think about it and I said "Yup, that's the guy." Good art, but DEF a bit odd.

His art really takes me back, like elementary/junior high back.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Fearghus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

Einar, Thief

Einar thinks to himself, "Looks like I'll use my bow this time". He gets a bead on the crustacean, aiming for the soft mouth area. He can't help but comment, "Damned over-sized food has a nice ring, eh?"

ooc: You are a bunch of old farts. This is before my time. :lol:
Fearghus

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain