Ruined City Geomorphs

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: Ruined City Geomorphs

Postby Salvador_kali » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Wow -- awesome -- LOVE IT! Good work! :D
Salvador_kali

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 am

djeryv wrote:P.S. Dyson...maybe you can help because I could only give credit to TiltingWindmills, over at the Cartographer's Guild. Is there a better name (and/or even a website) I can give credit for these?

She has no website, she posted them originally to the Cartographer's Guild and a few other forums. I believe the name is Amanda Michaels.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Wizardawn » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Amanda Michaels created some really nice post-apocalyptic geomorphs that allowed you to create a random ruined city. These were complete with barbed wire fences, crashed vehicles, destroyed airplanes, and craters throughout. Before I merely had the geomorphs populate the areas, but I made improvements. Like the other map generators, you can choose a dimension of map you want. I have the geomorphs separated a bit because the roads don't match up very well. This makes it more visually easy to work with. I also created edge pieces and corners. This will give your map an ending border. Perhaps I will do more with this particular utility, but I will have to think about it. Unlike dungeons, one of these buildings can be a whole adventure in itself. Just click the banner below and go to the Mutant Future/Gamma World section.
Wizardawn

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am

Any chance we'll see a ruined city map generator with numbers on it like the dungeons available on your site?

I like the settlement generator as well but I do have a bone to pick there: where are the trades and shops in the settlements?
JDJarvis

Postby Wizardawn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 pm

JDJarvis wrote:Any chance we'll see a ruined city map generator with numbers on it like the dungeons available on your site?

Yup...that is the next phase for that one.

JDJarvis wrote:I like the settlement generator as well but I do have a bone to pick there: where are the trades and shops in the settlements?

I am going to do this all at once...meaning I am going to have this happen with AD&D/LL/MF written at the same time. I have a list of shops I am going to have cycled through and randomly drop in the settlement. I have the random store name generator working (names like Frost Giant Inn...for example). For things like AD&D/LL, I am going to plop some guilds throughout as well. I want to generate stores that will have a small list of items they sell with prices...so you can tell players what the store sells. I also want to generate a list of settlement guards with stats...plus a ruler of the settlement (King, Governor, Mayor, etc). I am just taking the approach that when I add a feature, I want to make it available and not wait until "everything" is done.
Wizardawn

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:58 pm

djeryv wrote:I am going to do this all at once...meaning I am going to have this happen with AD&D/LL/MF written at the same time. I have a list of shops I am going to have cycled through and randomly drop in the settlement. I have the random store name generator working (names like Frost Giant Inn...for example). For things like AD&D/LL, I am going to plop some guilds throughout as well. I want to generate stores that will have a small list of items they sell with prices...so you can tell players what the store sells. I also want to generate a list of settlement guards with stats...plus a ruler of the settlement (King, Governor, Mayor, etc). I am just taking the approach that when I add a feature, I want to make it available and not wait until "everything" is done.

Looks great. I've really been enjoying the generators on your site lately and have gotten use out of them. Being able to generate a campaign worth of settlements and dungeons/ruins in days with your generators and a tiny bit of editing is a great boon. Thank you very much.
JDJarvis

Postby Wizardawn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:50 pm

As of today, you can now have the building numbered when generating these types of maps. Get ready to count the devastation!
Wizardawn

Previous

Return to Mutant Future