"Monsters Macabre" now available for purchase!

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Re: "Monsters Macabre": Kickstart the new Cryptworld supplem

Postby seneschal » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:49 am

Now that it has been created, it will remain part of the Cyptworld catalog, right?
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:56 pm

seneschal wrote:Now that it has been created, it will remain part of the Cyptworld catalog, right?

Yup! Monsters Macabre will be available to the general public very soon. Just finishing up the fulfillment to the Kickstarters first.
sniderman

Postby Goblinoid Games » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:44 pm

seneschal wrote:Now that it has been created, it will remain part of the Cyptworld catalog, right?

Of course! Why wouldn't it?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DavetheLost » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Good news! It is an excellent supplement/sourcebook. Worth picking up just for the non-Things content by itself. Public Alarm tracking sheet, Thing Character sheet (and rules for playing a Thing), Thing background sheet, suggestions on how to build Things, varriable damage, and random organization building all nice additions to the tool kit.

The Things are great fun, a real mix of folklore, screen monsters, cryptids, and creative imagination.

The adventure scenario is short and sweet. It is based around a single type of Thing and shows how a creepy story can be told about something as mundane as realestate agents. I won't say more than that so as not to spoil the surprise.

This book has great utility for Cryptword and could add some interesting critters to a Majus game as well.
DavetheLost

Postby seneschal » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:

Of course! Why wouldn't it?

I'm not totally clear how Kickstarter works. Didn't know whether product would disappear once backers got their stuff. After all, Chaosium's new owners are phasing out whole categories of existing, already created and paid for product that they could continue to sell POD and PDF. And I've seen other small publishers discontinue PDF product from their catalogs just because they felt like it.

So what's next for Cryptworld? A book of adventures, or a series of single adventures? Supplements exploring specific horror genres? Fifteen-second promo spots during The Walking Dead or the Superbowl?

Personally, I think Dan should run for president and take care to make politically incorrect remarks while constantly mentioning Pacesetter games. He (and Goblinoid) would be on all the news and talk shows, and no publicity is bad publicity. :twisted:
seneschal

Postby segeorge » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:45 am

Speaking of publicity, here's a review from Alex Lucard at Diehard Gamefan: http://diehardgamefan.com/2015/09/23/tabletop-review-cryptworld-monsters-macabre/.

His conclusion: "Monsters Macabre is an excellent supplement and should make most Cryptworld fans very happy."

Scott
segeorge

Postby seneschal » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:08 pm

Nice review. Thanks for posting the link.
seneschal

Postby seneschal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 am

I got my copy today. Wow, that was fast. I was expecting it to take a couple weeks
seneschal

Postby segeorge » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:37 am

Mine came in today, too. That really was quick. Great quality... and a much bigger discount than I had expected.
segeorge

Postby DavetheLost » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:59 am

Got mine today as well. Looks sharp in print.
DavetheLost

PreviousNext

Return to CRYPTWORLD