Back to Daggerford

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Back to Daggerford

Postby badams30 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:02 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Rory loses his grip on his tankard of ale. It spills on the floor. "No!" he cries out. "He can't. He can't!" The half-elf grabs Stubbs by the shirt collar. "You lie. Tell me you're lying!" Just as quickly, he lets go of the halfling, then storms out of the common room, and up to the party's accommodations.

You are at the River Shining (several blocks away) your lodgings are at the Lady Luck near the marketplace.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Sorry. Forgot where we were. Rory storms outside and fumes in the entryway.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin looks at the mage but after seeing Rory storm out he'll go after him: What's wrong brother?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 am

Rory looks away from Nahin as he answers. "My best friend, my only friend back in Waterdeep...has been killed."

He pauses for a moment, then adds with a glare. "I gotta go back and take care of this."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:53 pm

As Nahin follows Rory outside, Marcus chats up the mysterious man with Jayce standing beside him listening intently.

The man smiles a friendly smile and rises, offering his hand to Marcus and Jayce. "Well met, gentlemen." He points his pipe at Marcus' symbol of Torm and says "Seeing your attire and your band, I assume you are Marcus, and this is the Dutybound, eh? I've heard favorably of your exploits."

He glances toward the door and says "As you have heard, I am Flamstred. I represent an influential party from lands afar. I have been tasked with finding honest and skilled adventurers for a task most important. This task would take you a fair distance from this land you've called home, and would involve great risks, but great reward." He shifts his gaze to both Jayce and Marcus and then nods toward the doorway. "Your band seems to have some matters to attend to, as do I. If my offer sounds intriguing, meet me at the Lady Luck this evening, and we'll speak in private. All your questions will be answered then, my friends."

Flamstred gathers his things and pauses before he departs to the stairway leading to the upstairs lodgings. If you have a question, you can ask him. Otherwise, he is off.

Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:44 pm

Marcus nods at Flamstred's remarks. We will see you then at Lady Luck. Torm watch over you.

He then joins Rory and Nahin. Once brought up to speed, he will offer, The Dutybound help their own. Perhaps we should join you in your investigation.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Nahin - Elf

Well of course brother, we will go together. Nahin will say trying to console Rory.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Jayce - Fighter
"We're here for you brother. What do you need?"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 am

Rory shakes his head. "No," he says. "The Dutybound are men of honor. There will be no honor where I'm going. Only revenge. I need to do this alone," he declares.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus puts his gauntleted hand on Rory's shoulder. Beware vengeance, as it can destroy from within. We will be with you in spirit and praying for your safe and swift return. May Torm guide you and protect your soul.

He pulls the warrior close and says in a hushed tone, Dak is a good companion and can watch your back. Consider him if you don't consider us.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure