Need new player for Slaver PBP game

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Need new player for Slaver PBP game

Postby Blood axe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 pm

You would take over a Level 6 Wizard in the middle of an on-going game.
Please be able to post every other day.
Post here if interested.

This would be the character.

Name: Hodge, (Aristobolus of ???)
Class: Magic-User
Race: Human
Level: 6 XP: (+5%) 40,001
Alignment: Lawful Good

HP: 20
AC: 9

Str 7, -1 hit, damage and force doors.
Dex 10, No modifier to AC, Missile Attack, or Initiative.
Con 13, +1 hit point modification.
Int 15, One additional language, and able to read and write.
Wis 12, No saving throw modifier against magical effects.
Cha 15, -1 to npc reaction adjustment, 5 retainers of morale 8.

Speak languages: Common, Law, Chaos.

Saving throws
Breath (14): Poison/Death (11): Petrify/Paralyse (11): Wands (11): Spells etc (12)

Spellbook: (2/2/2)
1: *Burning Hands; Comprehend Languages; Detect Magic; Read Magic; *Sleep; Unseen Servant.
2: *Arcane Lock; Continual Light; *ESP.
3: *Lightning Bolt; *Dispel Magic.

Treasure
-Mule, Riding.
-Fist sized piece of quartz upon which continual light is cast.

Gear
-Worn: Light trousers with leather belt, cloth shirt, cloth robe with wide leather belt, cloth cap, high soft leather boots.
-Sling bag: spell book, water skin, rations x 10, flint and steel, writing set.
-Belt Pouch: coins
-Belt Pouch: stones
-Dagger and sling
-Walking staff

==========================================

Description: A grey haired old man with a friendly smile and welcoming manner. Still in good health, but weakening and slowing due to age and decreased physical activity. He wears the garb of a scribe.

Questions:
1. Where Are You From?
Hodge is from the local area, but grew up in the remote confines of his master's tower. He always has looked forward to journey's into town for supplies, and stops at roadside inns for an ale.

1a How will your ethnic origin be clear through roleplay? Accent? Mannerisms? Dress?
Hodge is an educated man. Not only in the arcane arts but also history and lore. As he travels he tends to lend his reading and writing ability for small fees and carries correspondence if any need taking in the direction of his travel.

2. What Is Your Family Like? How has your family background shaped your personality and prejudices?
Hodge is spends his days primarily as an itinerant scribe: learning and studying as the situation permits, lending magical aid when he can (though he likes to keep that part low-key).

3. What Is Your Social Class? Do you look down on the lower class? Resent the upper class? Strive for upward class mobility? Ignore class divisions altogether?
Hodge is of a working class background, but is able to make the occasional large sum of money by selling an item with continual light. He does not look down upon the common folk, and does what he can to guide the gentry to look after their charges.

4. What Did You Do Before You Became An Adventurer? How will your profession manifest itself through roleplay? Are you still working in your last career? If so, how do you combine it with adventuring?
Up until a decade ago Hodge was a servant for his master, Ulrich: a wizard of some power. Hodge spent the majority of time scribing for Ulrich, and conducting other tasks as the old wizard demanded. Ulrich disappeared under strange circumstances and is presumed dead. Since that time, Hodge has locked the old tower and typically only returns for the winter months. He is scribe for hire, but will join groups of decent folk who could use a little extra encouragemnt (and fire power) to succeed in difficult tasks.

5. Why Did You Become An Adventurer? What can the GM dangle in front of you to motivate you?
This land is dangerous, but has the potential to be great. Tolkien wrote: “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." As long as their are miscreants needing a good walloping, Hodge will be around. He is aware of his physical limitations and age, so he is more than willing to work through/with others.

6. How Religious Are You? How will your religious values influence your behaviour? How often do you pray? Do you favour one god? Do you go to temples and attend services there?
Hodge worships the deities of law and good, but is not a regular church goer. His worship is by trying to reflect their example with his actions.

7. Who Are Your Best Friends and Worst Enemies? How would you react if confronted by your worst enemy? Flee? Fly into a murderous rage? How much would you sacrifice for your best friend? Your life? Nothing?
Hodge is easy to get on with, and enjoys even the most annoying of good hearted people. He disapproves of those that are cruel for the sake of cruelty.

8. What Are Your Prized Possessions? How would you react to the loss or destruction of these items? How far would you go to retrieve them or avenge you to who destroyed them?
Hodge's items are easily replaceable, though he recognizes how vulnerable he would be if his book were taken or destroyed. Vengeance would be out of character for him, though he would not stand by idly and let mayhem be spread.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Need new player for Slaver PBP game

Postby ancarr13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:32 pm

ME!
-Whats THAC0?
-Are you Serious?
-Yeah, whats THAC0?
-Just...just go, get out of here
ancarr13

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:50 am

ancarr13 wrote:ME!

:lol: I feel your zeal :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby ancarr13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 am

connivingsumo wrote:

First chance i've had in a while to play a wizard who wasnt level 1, its fun to create but once you hit 5, its pretty good from there
-Whats THAC0?
-Are you Serious?
-Yeah, whats THAC0?
ancarr13

Postby Blood axe » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:41 am

You are in if you want. But you might be disappointed. This wizard has very few spells.
Blood axe

Postby ancarr13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:46 am

if he can breath, he can fight
If he can fight, then im in
-Whats THAC0?
-Are you Serious?
-Yeah, whats THAC0?
ancarr13

Postby Blood axe » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:38 pm

ancarr13 wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:

First chance i've had in a while to play a wizard who wasnt level 1, its fun to create but once you hit 5, its pretty good from there

Ok- you are in. Catch up on the game and read some of the adventure.
Blood axe

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

He'll also have the privilege of hanging out with the half-orc fighter Nuruk Nosebreaker. :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby ancarr13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 am

Ive been reading the entire campaign since i started on this site
-Whats THAC0?
-Are you Serious?
-Yeah, whats THAC0?
ancarr13

Postby Blood axe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 am

ancarr13 wrote:Ive been reading the entire campaign since i started on this site

Well then... WELCOME! Jump right in!
Blood axe

Return to Gamer Gatherings