Favorite Adventure-( new or old) ??

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: Favorite Adventure-( new or old) ??

Postby Vargr1105 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 am

I have a question about the old modules that seem to be so popular. Why is it so, exactly?

Is it just a matter of fond memories from earlier times in the game, or do those popular modules have qualities that placed above the rest back then and perhaps most right now?

Is there any particular trait you'd define as being "special" in those modules? The quality of the writing? Inspiration from literature and myth? Archetypal adventures? What exactly?
Vargr1105

Postby Black Wyvern » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Hey Arti I am running Dwellers right now. Awesome mod.

U series is great as well.

B2 Is incredible.

Though all of these are great, my favorite is I2 Tomb of the Lizard King. How can you argue with a vampiric lizard king? My first time through I was a player and have DMed it a dozen times over the years, every time was memorable. O' Sakatha the characters we have left shaking in their boots at every turn. Whaaaahahahahaha
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby Vargr1105 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Vampiric Lizard King? People where doing that kind of thing before 3rd edition and its stacking nominative thingies?

That is somewhat impressive. I hope the execution was simpler and better than the stat block monstrosities we got after the turn of the millenium.
Vargr1105

Postby Black Wyvern » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Sakatha was the only one, to my knowledge anyway, so he was more of a unique monster than what appeared in 3x.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Previous

Return to Open Discussion