Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 am

Rory smiles at the seedy nature of the Talking Troll. After cooling his heels for a few minutes with Nahin, he'll see if any of the busty wenches is up for a little conversation.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:30 am

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

"Tymora would frown upon me if I did not entertain the potential of risk here...looking forward to sampling the local fare!"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby badams30 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Talking Troll

You observe the chaos in the Troll, and while there are many intersting people about, none that seem extraordinary. And Nahin - no obvious spellcasters in sight (but many patrons who appear to have had ugly and funky spells cast upon them... and failed their saves)
Buck quietly nurses his ale, not saying much, but observing the surroundings. Rory, it doesn't take much effort to strike up a conversation with one of the servers. Your server seems taken aback (pleasantly, though) that you are talking with her, and not groping her or shouting drunken oaths about what you like to do with her in her direction, as many of the patrons seem to do. She smiles and says "I'm Fern. Nice ta meet ya. What are you up to, honey? You don't strike me as the caravan type." Fern is human, probably in her early 40s, with long brown hair and looks pretty good for her age, although its clear she's been around the block. She is busy, but keeps dropping by to chat, so it appears she's interested in you in some fashion...
Han, you walk the crowd, and a few of the drunks pat you heartily on the back and offer to buy you drinks "for luck." It seems that with your rugged exterior AND being a priest of one of the more favored deities of travellers has made you popular in here. You are invited to join no fewer than 2-3 drinking contests, and it is clear that you wont have to pay for a thing in here. Buck chuckles as he watches Han work the crowd. Han - you can basically chat with who you'd like. You don't see anyone who appears to be avoiding you.

Triboar Arms
Marcus holds back somewhat, and sees the odd looking stranger in brown pulling up a chair and sitting down. Grinkle sees Marcus, but seems to gather his intentions, and focuses on the visitor. Dak is busy munching ravenously (and rather noisily) on a large basket of bread that was brought to the table... Jayce, the man nods at you and says in his gravelly tone "Thanks for your hospitality. I noticed you all, and you look like adventurers, odd at this time of year. Just wanted to say hello and chat. My name is Rahtol. Just an old local, used to be a guide in these parts, till my accident. Say, where you fellas off to? Don't cha know it's winter time up here?" And he chuckles, more of a croaking sound.
As he waits for a reply, your kind hostess brings you some ales and some sweetmeats to sample.

Feel free to work the crowds or interact as you wish. Buck didn't have a goal for coming here other than to see if any info might be had.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus shakes his head slowly to Grinkle and mouths "bad man, tell him nothing." His hand is on the hilt of his sword. He will try to catch Jayce's or Dak's attention as well.

He doesn't move closer yet, staying back and listening.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will watch Han in a couple of the drinking contests and cheer him along. Winking at Rory after Fern comes by: Might be a while till we see the likes women... Having a couple of ales himself he will then make his way to the Triboar.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 am

"Pleasure to meet you, Fern," Rory says. "My friends and I are doing some work for our friends from Red Larch..."

He will politely ask Fern how long she has to work, and what she plans to do later.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:01 am

I'll wait for Atomic Ray to detail if Han is going full-on wildman party animal, or playing it conservative. I think I know the answer, but I'll wait till I hear from him.

After a couple of ales, Nahin makes his way to the Triboar.
Buck stays behind, offering to keep an eye on Rory and Han.

Rory (a lucky roll and...) Fern smiles at you, clearly charmed by your advances and says "I'll be here for a couple more hours." And she bats her eyelashes and says "What am I doing? Maybe you can tell me what I'll be doing..." And without the need for any ESP or magics, I think you get the idea....

Back at the Triboar:
Waiting for KJC to post, then I'll add to the narrative...
Dak continues to gnaw on everything placed on the table "Nom nom nom, burp, nom nom nom... MMMMmm... dis good grub... Dak wan more." And even Grinkle seems a bit taken aback by Dak's table manners.

Marcus, you continue to observe the table and the guest...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 am

Marcus, paladin

If Marcus notices Nahin before he gets to the table, he will stop him and pull him aside.
greyarea

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 am

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Han is turning the hospitality into a shared experience, bringing in fellow travelers and introducing them, having them step in for him during some of the challenges...using a dice tossing game as the decider...he leaves the dice along with a blessing for health, wealth, and good luck for all within reach...offering a chalk T on the forehead of whoever appears to want the blessing)

(All in all Han will work the room spreading cheer, sharing stories, and offering pickles and smoked meat to whoever wants it...especially Fern...if conversation leads him to believe she is single he will offer to help her in the kitchen and serving...nights do tend to get cold on the road)

(Finally getting the crowd to sing a bawdy drinking song about skinny dipping in ice cold water, in chorus with rousing cheers in between)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Rory will ratchet up the charm, making sure no clerics of Tymora beat him to the prize. If all goes well, he'll join the rest of his party in the morning at the Triboar. If not, then sooner.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure