Two rules questions

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Two rules questions

Postby Professor P » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Blood axe wrote:Welcome Kal-Torak!

I love David Eddings books. The Belgariad,etc,etc.

As do I. In fact, the two characters I play in two of the PbP games here are partially based on characters from the Belgariad and the Elenium.

(For those interested: Cole Radek from The Sarcophagus Legion is based partially on Silk, Radek is an alias of Silk. Kubes from The Keep on the Borderlands is based partially on Barak from the Belgariad and Ulath from the Elenium. Hey Blood Axe, if Kubes survives the spider fight, can we make him a werebear? Pretty please? :lol: )
Rolling my Percent Chance to Know to parse Dungeons and Dragons.
Professor P

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 pm

XP-wise spellcasting is one special ability, regardless of the number of spells (the level of the spellcaster increases the bonus for spellcasting, so that's already covered - but for the same reason you may not want to consider a hypothetical foe's ability to cast "light" once per day as a special ability if said foe is 6 HD, because it definitely means next to nothing and shouldn't increase his XP value by a ton). That said, there's an example in one of the original books that a cleric is considered to have two special abilities for XP calculation (turning undead and spellcasting) which I think is pretty bogus since the turning undead ability will almost never turn up in use against the PCs.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby kaltorak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks to all for the reply!
kaltorak

Previous

Return to Labyrinth Lord