Welcome To Morgan Vale!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome To Morgan Vale!

Postby badams30 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm

connivingsumo wrote:DAK would have suited up - sorry about that; my "playing skills" are a bit dusty :cry:
I'm sure that will change where DAK is - so just let me know where he's at and I can reconfigure my action; my apologies.

No problem - Dak is suiting up and grabbing his big ol' sword. For Dak's armor, it will take two rounds to put it on. Then you can decide if you want to flank the foes.

As you all quickly prepare, the advancing bodies slowly materialize out of the dark... Skeletons!
You make out at least 10, perhaps 12 skeletons, all wearing piecemeal armor and carrying rusty swords or haphazard clubs. Almost all of them appear to be missing some parts, a foot here and there, a jaw, a hand, but the end result is the same - a bunch of skeletons. They advance slowly, methodically toward your campsite. They make no noise other than the rubbing of their armor or dull clack of their bones, but their empty gaze tells you that they aren't here to welcome you.

One more round till they reach the campsite, at which time I'll say you are sufficiently prepared to fight them. Marcus, you can get a free shot in on them prior to this round since you were ready. Also, you notice that Grinkle has disappeared.

I'll post a combat area map shortly. Actions?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Marcus, paladin

Given the skeletons' position relative to the party, Marcus will fire his shot and then descend the ladder to engage them directly, hoping to catch them unawares (as if skeletons are ever awares).
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Judging by the brick tiles they're standing on, these skeletons shouldn't be more than an inch or so tall. No problem. ;)

Rory grabs a quarrel, and loads his crossbow, preparing to fire into their midst. "Han!" he says. "You're a man of the gods. Do something!"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

tumblingdice wrote:Judging by the brick tiles they're standing on, these skeletons shouldn't be more than an inch or so tall. No problem.

:lol:
ooc: @badams: Does Jayce find any flammable liquids per my previous post?
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin nocks an arrow and lets it loose. The walking dead, hmmm...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm

ooc: @badams: Does Jayce find any flammable liquids per my previous post?[/quote]

You are close to the wagon, and there were several flasks of oil on the wagon. So, sure - you find a flask of good ol' oil.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

DAK

Attempts to hasten his armor donning...
... hearing the calls from his group, he won't bother flanking skeletons because they seem not to care.

OOC: Badams, you a Table Top Gamer??? Nice skellies - Games Workshop or? I've never played GW LOTR - maybe those are from that game? :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Battle Round 2

Marcus fires his crossbow (15, hit. DMG 3) with a dull click, you hear the bolt impact the skeleton, and he still stands, but about half of his ribcage falls in pieces to the road. The blow seems to slow his cadence though. Bolt fired, Marcus begins to descend the tower.

The main body of skeletons turns as though in formation, pivoting toward the party in the clearing. The first two ranks hold tightly, the third rank though, seems to loosen, with skeleton 12 rambling off to the side, moving in a general direction of the party, but not with the same orderly determination as the others. (Note: The bunch of skeletons is facing the party, although I couldn't pivot them to directly face you all. Use your imagination....)

You finish donning your armor and gear (Jayce, you have plate, so one more round for you to be in fighting shape) and stand ready to face the skeleton horde. As they get nearer to the fire, you get a much clearer view of them. They appear to be all human sized skeletons, dirty and discolored, and their equipment is ragged at best. Although none of you are experts on skeletons, you'd say this is one haphazard and poor looking bunch of undead. Still skeletons though...
badams30

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Hey guys, I made the mistake of editing a post instead of making a new one, so it looks like there hasn't been a new post. Oops. There is an updated map, and the post above this one is the most recent action....
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will will try to peg S4 with an arrow.

OCC: It appears that the right edge of the map may have been cut off.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure