Descent Under the Temple of Elemental Evil

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Descent Under the Temple of Elemental Evil

Postby badams30 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin say quietly, "If we can pick the chest and open it, let's do it. If not, lets leave this room and go back to search the ghasts and all the other dead in our wake. Then we can come back here."

OOC: We are at another analysis paralysis junction here, sorry - part of this was my confusion on where we were. Let's try to open the chest, if we can't finish the search here, go back and check all unsearched areas behind us (maybe a key exists) and then come back here.
badams30

Postby J.L. Duncan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Pax: "Sounds good-I'll go and check the bodies... While those that should, deal with this chest-If I need help I'll shout. One of you is coming with me."

Narrative: Pax grabs the arm of... (OCC One of the less participating player characters) and moves off to search the bodies...

OCC: GM I move off to search the bodies (with one other) for a key or coins. I will return to the group when the bodies have been thoroughly searched. this is an attempt to save some time and accomplish both tasks (if allowed)
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am

OC: I volunteer Morgan to be the less participating PC that Pax grabs by the arm. :D Treasure doesn't interest a paladin, anyway.

"I'm coming. No need to grab!" Morgan says, following the dwarf.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:47 am

Pax and Morgan go to search the ghast bodies. wandering monsters [1d100] = 43 They encounter nothing on the way.

The room is as they left it, although the water level has dropped some. Pax sees the upturned barrel and the bundle of clothes for the first time. He and Morgan search the two bodies thoroughly, looking for a key or something. The larger ghast wears a gold chain worth 7,000 gp, set with three small rubies worth 1,000 gp each. The smaller has a ruby ring (worth 4, 000 gp) encrusted with dirt: it will require a good cleaning. No keys are found.

There is a closed door to the north of this room.

Caydon goes to work on the check lock after searching for traps Thief skill [1d100] = 1. With a speed as if he had the key in hand, the lock springs open and the contents within the chest are laid bare. It contains 611 sp, a brooch with a carnelian stone with a cameo coat of arms (Veluna, quartered by the Knights of the Hart) worth 800 gp, and a scroll in a silver tube worth 35 gp. Thurwin examines the scroll and it is a scroll of Ward against Undead.

There is a closed door to the south.

Pax and Morgan are in 116 and the rest are in 118

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 9/10 <4,2>
Pax 9/9
Morgan 14/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <1>
Father Redmond 10/13 <>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin chuckles at the haul. "Wow, this should fetch a tidy sum back in town, eh? Let's gather this stuff and catch up with my brother and Mr. Pax."

OOC: Let's quickly regroup and maybe hit the room to the south of 118. Also, we may want to try to knock out a couple more rooms, and it might be a good time to go back to town for some resupply and visit our buddies in Hommlett to update them on what we've found thus far. Just an idea.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will stay close to Pax, sword out and ready.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric readies himself for the room to the south, scimitar in hand.
merias

Postby J.L. Duncan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 am

greyarea wrote:The room is as they left it, although the water level has dropped some. Pax sees the upturned barrel and the bundle of clothes for the first time.

OCC: Pax rummages a bit among the clothing even giving the cloth a short sniff. GM, Do the clothes seem feminine or smell as such? Though the water may have negated any smells…

greyarea wrote:He and Morgan search the two bodies thoroughly, looking for a key or something. The larger ghast wears a gold chain worth 7,000 gp, set with three small rubies worth 1,000 gp each. The smaller has a ruby ring (worth 4, 000 gp) encrusted with dirt: it will require a good cleaning. No keys are found.

Pax to Morgan: "Wait! Those jewels might be cursed-we’ll wrap them and see if the spell slinger can determine them…"

OCC: Pax uses the bungle of clothing to cover his hands from flesh contact with the jeweled items before freeing them from the dead ghouls. He then uses the same cloth and is methodical about it, in front of Morgan to make sure he understands that the dwarf is exercising precaution over deception. Once wrapped safely-he hands the package(s) (or puts them in the into Morgan’s pack)

“An itch in this beard tells me that you truly are a Paladin Knight. And So I can think of none better to guard these treasures and disperse them fairly when the time comes…”

Action: *Wink*

“..Or at least until we determine their real value and if they are enchanted… ehhh?” (kidding)

“Something about the beauty of those gems is leaving me feeling rather exposed, let’s join backup with the others.”

OCC: Moving back to where we left the others-unless Morgan would like to add… I agree we should go through the next door as planned. We can share (presumably) knowledge of the ghoul hall until safely out of the dungeon.
If Morgan and I have returned safely, I will take my position in the Marching Order; at squatting readiness.
Publishing Credit
KoDT-Deadly Trappings: #202, #203, #205, #209, #210, #212, #214 & #222
KoDT-Indy Game Scene: #222 & #223
Palladium Books Rifter: #62, #64 & #67
J.L. Duncan

Postby kwll » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Calthas looks at the content of the chest with interest, then get interested to the south door. "Shouldn't we look at what is behind this door before going back to town?" he asks to those present near him.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Effric opens the south door.

ooc: Forgot Effric was up front.
merias

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk