Started the game cave today

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Started the game cave today

Postby oldgamergeek » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

I have finally got everyone's stuff out of my house and garage, I am tossing unclaimed trash and getting my stuff sorted good will stay useless will be trashed. once this is done I will mop the floors and start painting first the walls than the floor. I will need to build two double doors to hide the laundry / work area and another set for my ammo reloading area. the next step will be a drop ceiling and some better lighting. I am not sure about furniture, do I want just a table and chairs or couches and recliners for better comfort? any Ideas? Stay tuned for answers to these and other important questions.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Re: Started the game cave today

Postby Denim N Leather » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:56 am

Pics, pls!
Denim N Leather

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 am

Should leave the ammo reloading area open to view. Less disputes that way.

As for couches/recliners, people seem to start to doze off sitting on these. At least the guys I game with do and I know I'm guilty of it. I prefer table and chairs with a couple cheap butt cushions.
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby scadgrad » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Here you go.

And if money is no object, go for the Sultan. I saw their stuff at GenCon and was utterly transfixed.
scadgrad

Postby oldgamergeek » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:52 pm

scadgrad wrote:Here you go.

And if money is no object, go for the Sultan. I saw their stuff at GenCon and was utterly transfixed.

My uncle is a master cabinet builder and furniture maker he's going to help me make the emissary table this spring. My neighbor is giving me some nice padded chairs I am going great guns on this projects cleaning portion. :twisted:
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 pm

I envy you. Someday I hope to have a game room I can design. Be sure to post pics as you progress!!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to Open Discussion