A big thanks to Goblinoid Games

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

A big thanks to Goblinoid Games

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Sorry if this is out of place here, but I just wanted to share my gratitude to Goblinoid Games. I first got into the gaming hobby by playing Keep of the Borderlands in the early 80's during a free period at school. I was always a big fan of old school D&D but didn't have a regular gaming group. I still was obsessed with buying and reading the rules sets and expansions. Later, after a group I found drifted in and out out various RPGs we finally took up the 2nd Edition of AD&D but I longed for the elegant simplicity that was Moldvay's version of the game. Eventually though, that group fell apart.

Flash forward to today and my erratic schedule has unfortunately left me no time for a regular gaming group.

That having been said, I recently bought softcovers of L&L and MF just to support this great rebirth of the old school days of RPGs.

Anyways, thanks to Goblinoid Games for keeping the old school version alive and well.
Gavin

Re: A big thanks to Goblinoid Games

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am

Gavin wrote:Sorry if this is out of place here, but I just wanted to share my gratitude to Goblinoid Games. .

Thank you's and compliments are never out of place... :D
Mark

Postby redwullf » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:35 am

I can't agree more! I buy up just about every hard covet OSR product that comes along, if for no other reason than my love of the hobby and support of the movement. Goblinoid Games contribution is top notch and among the finest RPG products to be found. So, in short, I echo the gratitude. :D
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 am

Thanks, and welcome! Your support is much appreciated. Without that I wouldn't be ale to keep putting out products for old-school gamers.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Mach Front » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

redwullf wrote:I buy up just about every hard covet OSR product that comes along, if for no other reason than my love of the hobby and support of the movement.

Goblinoid Games wrote:Without that I wouldn't be ale to keep putting out products for old-school gamers.

Amazing. Two Freudian slips in a single thread right next to one another. :lol:
Mach Front

Postby redwullf » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Mach Front wrote:
redwullf wrote:I buy up just about every hard covet OSR product that comes along, if for no other reason than my love of the hobby and support of the movement.

Goblinoid Games wrote:Without that I wouldn't be ale to keep putting out products for old-school gamers.

Actually, mine was just an iPad slip. Typing on that thing can be a bitch.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Mach Front wrote:

It's Friday, not such a slip in a few hours...
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I've been reading through Mutant Future and I'm toying with the idea of writing a weird future setting sourcebook for it based on the works of Jack Kirby's comics from DC of Kamandi and OMAC. This game is most certainly the type of thing that gets your creative juices flowing. LL is really great, but Mutant Future seems like a game I would have LOVED to play back in the day. Gamma World always appealed to me when it came to the concept but I never cared for the rules. MF is the type of rules to me what TSR should have done back then.
Gavin

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:43 am

Agreed. If it wasn't for Dan and GG, I probably wouldn't have gotten to know and enjoy basic. So for that, I thank you. Now, if I can just steer these knuckleheads I game with in that direction.....
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby Sizzaxe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:52 am

The Lizard of Oz wrote:Agreed. If it wasn't for Dan and GG, I probably wouldn't have gotten to know and enjoy basic. So for that, I thank you. Now, if I can just steer these knuckleheads I game with in that direction.....

My feelings exactly. I gamed AD&D back in '81 to about 1992 or so, but it wasn't until recently that I realized that we played it a lot more like LLs AEC. And I never really gave B/X a chance, tho' I owned the game. Iy is with LL that I have begun to appreciate the beauty of the game. And that I have always played a very similar style to the spirit captured in those slim volumes of long ago.

I run the school RPG club where I work and starting this week we are beginning a regular LL game. So I'm kind of fortunate in that I get to GM what I want ;) At least in the school club. Now my FLGS is a different story, but i'm good friends with the owner, so I'm gonna start working on that venue next :)
Sizzaxe
"DMs only roll dice for the sound they make." -- Gary Gygax
http://classicrpgrealms.blogspot.com
Sizzaxe

Next

Return to Open Discussion