The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby greyarea » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Effric / Calthas / Rilo

Jaroo smiles at Calthas. I assure you that if I had noticed some of that sort, I would have sent word to my Order. Oh, there are the odd malcontents and thugs that pass through here, and I do worry about the old moathouse, but I don't think that the Temple of Elemental Evil has regained any real strength. It was once surrounded, cut off and razed by the good folk of the region, lead by some of those that destroyed the Temple. However, because it is seen as a place of former evil, the area is shunned by locals here. It is that shunning that makes me nervous: to combat evil it must be confronted and made sure not to rise again, not ignored and avoided. If there is anything "local", my dear boy, it is that moathouse: it ought to be investigated at the very least.

As to rising evil to the northwest, I've heard that the town of Nulb may be having issues. The people there are no friends of the Earth and I recall the old Canoness was concerned about the town, especially due to its proximity to the old Temple. I've not heard more than that, however.

I know other members of the town council are much more concerned about word of banditry on the roads around Hommlet, hence the call to the Viscount, but banditry and whatnot is not the evil that my Order is concerned with. It could be a sign of the renewal of such evil, which is why I agreed to send word for adventurers such as yourself, but I have not contacted my Order, if that tells you anything.

++++++++++++++

Thurwin

Calmert replies to the mage, Don't worry about the late hour, my son. I was expecting to rise soon to say matins but wanted to get as much sleep as possible -- the Canon likes to lead lauds as early as possible.

I'm not sure where the Canoness went. I believe it to be a special mission of the Church, but have no official word of such and if the Canon knows, he's not told me.

Good luck on your quest. I hope to see you here for services soon.

==================

Grimulf / Caydon / Tavin

Turuko replies to Grimulf: Anything's there for the taking if you're willing to make the move. My partner and I are willing to do so with the right team. I've heard, but only heard, that a few nasties have moved in there. We saw a gnoll nearby when we scouted it earlier, and there were ogre spoor off the trail not too long ago. Whatever's there, I think we can get it.

Caydon notices no Thieves' Cant spoken or signed. This dude isn't pleasant but he isn't indicating that he's part of the Brotherhood of Thieves.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

Postby merias » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Effric - Druid

"Thank you, Jaroo. We will share this information with our companions. No evil will resurface on our watch."

"Come, Cathas and Rilo, let us return to the Inn and see what our friends have found."
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Tavin - Monk

In response to Turuko: I think it is likely that we will be venturing all over this area. Our comrades will be back soon, let us talk to them about this place and your interest in it. There might be a partnership somewhere here.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Thurwin - Mage

Preoccupied in thought, Thurwin quietly returns to the inn and rejoins the others, observing their interactions with the pair of newcomers.
badams30

Postby Gelatinous Q » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Grimulf, fighter

Grimulf gives a noncommittal grunt at Turuko's proposal, then drains off the last of his brandy.
Gelatinous Q

Postby kwll » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Calthas politely takes leave of Jaroo, and follows Effric back to the inn.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Getting the Band Back Together!

Effric / Calthas / Rilo / Thurwin

The midnight wanderers return to see a small man at their table conversing with Grimwulf, with Caydon and Tavin looking on. There is a larger man, apparently with the smaller man, who is standing nearby. He looks almost like a bodyguard.

Grimulf / Caydon / Tavin

The bench warmers notice their companions return.

Turuko continues, So like I was saying, I think this is a great opportunity. We get in there, kill whatever's moved in and grab their stuff. There's got to be treasure, no?

Actions?

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin approaches the table, smiling cheerfully at his comrades, and takes his seat as the small fellow mentions going somewhere, killing someone and taking their loot, and his smile fades to a frown. He remains quiet, visually glancing at his friends, hoping that no one agrees with this abrupt fellow. He won't talk to him specifically, but he doesn't try to hide his obvious distaste for him or his large companion.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Tavin - Monk

Seeing his friends start to return he will say to Turuko and his sidekick: Perhaps you and your friend take some time by the fire over there to contemplate... the garden of life. My comrades and I would like to discuss the taste of this excellent ale for a moment amongst ourselves... He will say with a smile and expectant eyes.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Turuko and Kobort both look annoyed by the way Tavin seems to have brushed them off. They look to each other and back at you. Then Turuko smiles and says, But of course. If you might pass on our offer, we can certainly lead you to the moathouse. I'm not sure you can get there on your own. Let me know, he concludes as he motions to the big fellow to follow.

Actions?

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk