6. The Stone Wood

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 6. The Stone Wood

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Blood axe wrote:Harn Hammerhand

Seeing Tret leave, harn orders a large pitcher of ale & two mugs and throws a few coins on the bar.
He takes them out to Tret, sits & drinks with him.
No friend should drink alone.

Clarification to newcomers at Sukiskyn: this is a homestead, not a tavern. You are employees turned honored guests, not patrons. Booze are free. :) Harn, you may edit your action if you like.

Anja, it's late afternoon. Even and old crone like yourself isn't ready for bed yet.

Harn, you take your free booze out to the stables where you find Tret and Taras in conversation.

So, what does the group want to do? Set out for what you think is Xitaqa, based on the tapestry? Go somewhere else and ask someone else? Head for the lake that Soldath suggested? Try your luck out on the moors, standing on one leg and whistling for Loshad?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Tret, rogue

Tret stands in the stables stroking his horse and talking to Taras. When he sees Harn approach, he looks at him oddly, as if he has no idea why the dwarf would waddle out there. When Harn hands him the ale, he smiles a bit and takes a quaff. Thank you, Harn. Shall we all back in with the others? he motions that they should probably rejoin the rest of the group.

When they are back inside, he says, We've finished off all the goblins, haven't we? I say we check out that lake. What's that? Soldath suggested that? Well, to heck with that, I say we look for that Zytaequa or whatever. He winks at Soldath and takes a pull on his drink.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan nods in approval at Soldath's suggestion and says "I second checking out the lake." He gives Tret a dour look when he needles Soldath's suggestion.

Athelstan will spend his day getting cleaned up, especially cleaning and polishing his new armor. Once he has some time, he'll ask Pyotr if there is any assistance that he can provide while we are here today.
badams30

Postby kwll » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:20 pm

"Is that really a lake?" asks Meringered, genuinely interested, after Tret made his suggestion.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby saalaria » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Tethir - Elf

Tethir has been standing by the tapestry, seemingly, transfixed. He suddenly shakes off his stupor:

"One thing I can tell you about this lake - my clan, the Vyalia, live right by it and I can say with certainty that the ruins of Xitaqa are not near it. We need to try elsewhere."
saalaria

Postby kipper » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Old Anja

"Then the lake is useless! Northwards to Xitaqa is the only choice!" Anja says.

((OOC: If we choose to go across the moors to look for the red pyramid, you will spot Anja standing on one leg and whistling each midnight :D))
kipper

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Soldath - Mage

If you are sure, then I would think north might be best. Are we just wandering north though in search Xitaqa or do we know where we are going?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Tret, rogue

Have we ever known where we were going?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Soldath - Mage

An old trade route or hunters trail that has roots in legend or such would be helpful...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Athelstan - FIghter

Athelstan shakes his head and clenches his fists, exhaling in frustration. As he departs to attend to cleaning himself and his gear he says "Fine, wherever you all decide to go, I shall lead the way. And woe to anyone who seeks to impede us." And with that, he exits with a grand Renardius style flourish.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror