[CHANGES/ADDITIONS] Ship Locker (Optional Rule)

[CHANGES/ADDITIONS] Ship Locker (Optional Rule)

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:24 pm

(Based on feedback, this will be added at the end of the equipment section)

Ship Locker (Optional Rule)
It is assumed that the characters have access to a star base between adventures, and that they receive mission briefings ahead of time so that the players may select the equipment they will be issued as appropriate for anticipated needs.

However, if the SM is running a more open-ended campaign in which the players may not return to a star base for several adventures at a time, it will be convenient to make use of a ship locker for additional equipment. The players can exchange equipment in the locker as they would otherwise at a star base.The equipment should be selected by the players prior to leaving a star base, and the contents of the locker can be exchanged upon returning to a star base.

The available units for stocking the locker are determined by ship type. See the table below.

Ship Type / Total Units / Maximum Unit
Frigate / 6 / 3
Destroyer / 10 / 4
Cruiser / 14 / -
Battle Cruiser / 20 / -
Dreadnaught / 26 / -

The total units are the total available units for stocking the ship locker. Ships that have a maximum unit may only be issued equipment with a cost up to and including that number of units. For example, a frigate could stock a robot dog that is 3 units as part of its allotment, but a matter-anti-matter generator is unavailable because it is a 4 unit item. Exceptions can be made at the SM's discretion, or for special missions.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: [CHANGES/ADDITIONS] Ship Locker (Optional Rule)

Postby arch0n » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm going to start stocking my ship's locker right now.
arch0n

Re: [CHANGES/ADDITIONS] Ship Locker (Optional Rule)

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks Alex, let me know how it goes. Especially if you think the units by ship type are enough. I decided against taking away all individual equipment from enlisted men.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Return to Second Edition Playtest