One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Postby kensanata » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Remember last year? :D

This page collects all information regarding the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011.

Dates: Submission deadline is April 1, 0:00 GMT. Based on last year's experience, judges will have one month to read all the submissions and another two weeks to discuss the result. Winners will be announced May 16, 0:00 GMT.

Judges: I'm still looking judges! Interested? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Prizes: Do you have prizes to donate? Let me know → kensanata@gmail.com!

Submissions: Here's how to submit your entry.

• Participants create a One Page Dungeon.
  • Submitting a dungeon to the contest releases it under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license with credit to the contest participant.
  • The submission must have a name, an author, a map, a key, a link to the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) and no game stats.
  • A link to your blog, wandering monsters, random events, adventure background or introduction, and descriptions of tricks or traps are all optional.
  • One entry per participant. Participants may revise/replace their entries up until the end of contest, with the last revision counting as their official entry.
  • Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.
  • If you have a blog article talking about your submission, I'd love to link to it from the One Page Dungeon Contest page.

Process: Here's how we'll determine the winners.

• Every judge nominates their favorite entries and proposes a category for each.
  • We try to make sure that every judge has at least three of their nominations in the final list. The idea is to not only reflect popular opinion but to also capture some of the more eclectic entries out there. We'll make sure that every judge is well represented with three entries each.
  • Based on the categories proposed in the first step, we try to assign a category to each entry on the list.
  • The result is our release candidate 1. Judges gets to check whether their favorites are still on the list.
  • We fix omissions and rename categories until we're happy. This is our release candidate 2.
  • We revise everything until we're happy. We have our list of winners! :)
  • If we have prizes (we currently don't) each judge gets to nominate their favorite entry for a prize.
  • We publish our list of winners!
  • Harald puts together a PDF of all the entries and a PDF of all the winners. We'll make these PDFs available for download at no cost.
kensanata

Re: One Page Dungeon Contest 2011

Postby kensanata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Two more weeks to go!

A map, an intrigue, monsters, treasure, enemies, allies – what does an adventure for your game night require? Whatever it is, if you wrote it up, you should send it in! The due date for the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 is the first second of April 1, 2011, UTC. If you live in the United States, that means you may have to send in your entry many hours before the last day of March ends. What better way to make sure you don't miss the deadline than sending your entry as soon as possible? Don't worry, you can send in revisions up to the very end.

Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → kensanata@gmail.com.

Check out the sweet loot awaiting the winners of this year's contest in the sponsor section of the One Page Dungeon Contest 2011 page.

Best of luck!

PS: Weird. "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]." ? I've never seen that before…
kensanata

Postby Dyson Logos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm

The BB code thing is because you need a certain number of posts before it works. Anti-spammer thing.

As for the contest, I missed last year after getting a runner-up the year before, so I'll put something together in time for this one, I hope.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby kensanata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 pm

I hope to see your submission soon! :)

As for the URL thing: the strange thing is that it worked for the first post up above. Maybe somebody installed the spam fighting precaution between then and now. I'll just have to post some more. :)
kensanata

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Yep, must have installed it after your first post. Sorry for the inconvenience but once this new feature was in place it has virtually eliminated spam.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby kensanata » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm

"Fight On!" If only we could kill spam and take its stuff...
kensanata

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 pm

kensanata wrote:"Fight On!" If only we could kill spam and take its stuff...

I did, but the "stuff" tasted nasty.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby kensanata » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:57 pm

That reminds me that a good friend of mine and his three kids entered the first level of Dyson's Delve today. Good times. :)
kensanata

Postby Dyson Logos » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Rock on!

I'm stunned that people actually play these things I post.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby kensanata » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 am

Every level is a One Page Dungeon. That's awesome. Stonehell uses eight pages per level.
Your monsters include all the stats including random hitpoints. Very useful for a zero prep game.
Your map is beautiful enough to be inspiring but not overloaded and colorful like a Paizo map.
The map also offers multiple paths, and the first map also offered a goal to reach, the crypt of St. Ulther.
Big win, all around.
kensanata

Next

Return to Open Discussion