Return to the Temple

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Temple

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin helps bury Toto, then retires to the tower, surveying the door damage he enters. "We probably need to repair this door sometime. It's nice to have a secure place to retire when needed."

Thurwin will help prepare food, then he'll spend his time reading his spellbook, and taking a few minutes to pray to St Cuthbert, feeling quite sad at the death of our comrades.

OOC: One good thing, according to these men, this Romag guy was head of the Earth order, so that will put a dent in those guys. BTW, did we find anything of note on Romag and his goons?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will search there attackers and follow up with a bit of meditation.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Both Romag's chain mail and mace look magical. He carries a purse containing 3 ep, 14 gp, 9 pp, and a jasper (worth 50 gp).

The commander's armor looks normal and well used but his battle axe is inscribed with runes. The commander wears a gold chain (worth 200 gp) under his armor, and carries 60 gp and 30 pp.

The fighting men carried regular swords, arrows (bows were converted to the cot), and chain mail, all of which they left. Had they any coinage on them, they took it with.

Encounter complete

5XP each!
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:00 pm

greyarea wrote:Both Romag's chain mail and mace look magical. He carries a purse containing 3 ep, 14 gp, 9 pp, and a jasper (worth 50 gp).

The commander's armor looks normal and well used but his battle axe is inscribed with runes. The commander wears a gold chain (worth 200 gp) under his armor, and carries 60 gp and 30 pp.

The fighting men carried regular swords, arrows (bows were converted to the cot), and chain mail, all of which they left. Had they any coinage on them, they took it with.

Encounter complete

5XP each!

I've updated the spoils thread. Don't forget we have some gear there, including these magical weapons, armor, and an unclaimed potion of healing. Just FYI
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:19 am

OOC: Does the Mace look better than Calmert's (+1) mace?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 am

greyarea wrote:
Encounter complete

5XP each!

OOC: Does this mean 5xp per Human opponent, or 5xp to each player?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:27 am

connivingsumo wrote:
greyarea wrote:
Encounter complete

5XP each!

OOC: Does this mean 5xp per Human opponent, or 5xp to each player?

5 XP to each player. Remember, we are using the simplified XP/level advancement charts from DCC as explained in the house rules
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Morgan, content with his weapons and armor, lets his comrades ponder the magic chain mail, axe and mace. "We'll need to secure this door," he announces. He starts to look for boulders and tree limbs suitable for building a makeshift door. "Axe might come in useful after all," he muses.

OC: "I'm Larry. This is my brother, Darryl. And this is my other brother, Darryl." Love it!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby merias » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric will help secure the tower door, then settle in.
merias

Postby greyarea » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm

The party rallies behind Morgan and Effric and soon the door is fixed, at least as well as it can be with the tools on hand. The tower is secure for the evening.

Dinner is prepared and all eat heartily after the battle. There is a hint of sadness in the air for the loss of Toto and Darryl, and watch is assigned. The evening ends and you tuck away to sleep.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <3,0>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 < >
Calmert 14/14 <2/3/friends>
Caydon 9/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

tumblingdice wrote:OC: "I'm Larry. This is my brother, Darryl. And this is my other brother, Darryl." Love it!

I was wondering if anyone would get that one. No one seemed to get that the original three were names after Run-DMC :)
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk