A Visitor's Guide to Hightower: my new player handout

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

A Visitor's Guide to Hightower: my new player handout

Postby Denim N Leather » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 pm

I've started doing the 'real' work now on my next campaign. Since this setting is going to be homebrew, I thought it would be fun to make a small player's guide to the starting city as well as leak various bits of background for the actual campaign so the players will get a feel for what's in store.

This is my first draft. Please have a look and I would welcome any and all feedback, particularly on the grammar. I know next to nothing about publishing, and I did the whole thing in Photoshop, so I basically followed my gut as to what I thought would look cool/interesting.

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action ... f9d3c0eeab
Denim N Leather

Re: A Visitor's Guide to Hightower: my new player handout

Postby Denim N Leather » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Thanks to jcftao for pointing out several typos!
Denim N Leather

Postby Charlatan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Hmm it crashed on me after a few pages, but it looks really good so far! :mrgreen:

I like the number of guilds, but you might be overusing the word guild? Some might be foundations or houses, you know? An example: Magician's Circle. Just a thought.

I like the overall feel of the place though, I need to make something like that when I'm done figuring out my campaign setting.
Everything I say is true!
Charlatan

Postby Charlatan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh, one more thing, do the guilds fight with each other much?
Everything I say is true!
Charlatan

Postby Denim N Leather » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Ha, good question!

Right now, aside from the names of the districts, the lion's share of the proper names are place holders. I like to block out as much as I can, and then I go back and touch things up. This gives me the base coat that I can use to build the campaign's palette upon.

If you can get it to download without crashing, you will see that there are several factions all vying for the same thing at the moment: access to an ancient ruin's secrets amidst the mines. If and when the players actually get to the ruins and through them, that will be the launching point to the real meat of the campaign, which will be set on the Plane of Balance. However, they will need to level up considerably first!
Denim N Leather

Return to Labyrinth Lord