Darkwood Tower Publishiing is Back!

This forum is for publisher introductions, particularly for publishers who are licensees of Goblinoid Games' titles, but other publishers of relevant products are also welcome. This area will replace the publisher forums below by April 5th 2011.

Darkwood Tower Publishiing is Back!

Postby DarkwoodTower » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know why we disappeared for so long: Darkwood Tower has been absorbed by a New Hampshire publishing company, Briona Glen Publishing LLC, seeking to expand beyond literature and non-fiction and into other markets. They are new as well, but we've been in discussions since summer of 2010. So I've been helping get them set up, and they have brought Darkwood Tower into their list of imprints. The good news is access to cheap ISBN's, editors, and artists... all in house! So I'm super excited.

This past year was spent dealing with getting BG up and running, and an emergency purchase of another publisher in Massachusetts to save them from going under.

However, we're coming back, and so far I've decided I want to work with Labyrinth Lord. I hope you guys will enjoy what we have coming out, and I am happy to listen to suggestions and requests. We're planning on focusing for now on modules and adventure settings that can be inserted into existing campaign worlds... but we're always willing to take on additional projects if anyone has a particular request.

So I'm happy to be back, and very excited to dive head first into this. I'll be posting again when our first release, the full version of Whispers in the Sand is ready and available!

Darkwood Tower Publishing
An Imprint of Briona Glen Publishing, LLC
DarkwoodTower

Re: Darkwood Tower Publishiing is Back!

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Welcome back, and good luck in your projects!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DarkwoodTower » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you very much! It is good to be back online and functioning at full speed. Oh! And I had a question from our lawyer, Goblinoid Games and Labyrinth Lord are your property, obviously. Do you have any specific rules you want used if I mention those names? Or would you prefer I not mention those names in material? I am going to be using the standard OGL that was put out for 3rd Edition as I feel it is the best OGL that allows for the most changes and uses of names like Orc, Gnoll, etc.

If you would prefer I email you, I can do so using my Briona Glen work email. Let me know! I am NOT trying to step on anyone's toes here. At all.
DarkwoodTower

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:45 pm

DarkwoodTower wrote:Thank you very much! It is good to be back online and functioning at full speed. Oh! And I had a question from our lawyer, Goblinoid Games and Labyrinth Lord are your property, obviously. Do you have any specific rules you want used if I mention those names? Or would you prefer I not mention those names in material? I am going to be using the standard OGL that was put out for 3rd Edition as I feel it is the best OGL that allows for the most changes and uses of names like Orc, Gnoll, etc.

If you would prefer I email you, I can do so using my Briona Glen work email. Let me know! I am NOT trying to step on anyone's toes here. At all.

Drop me an email at goblinoidgames "at" yahoo "dot" com. For most projects the free trademark license (see the LL website) will probably work just fine, but if there are other projects not covered by the license I'm always open to hearing proposals.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby DarkwoodTower » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 pm

And sent!
DarkwoodTower

Postby DarkwoodTower » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 am

Update for Everyone!

Darkwood Tower is moving forward! We had our organizational meeting and formal discussions are over. The imprint is being set up with a website (which will be at www.darkwoodtower.com which is currently useless, but for future reference!) and also a Bowker's account for ISBNs and all that jazz!

We're very excited, and I'll keep you all informed as we keep going!

Darkwood Tower
DarkwoodTower

Return to Publishers