Mutant Epoch- good ideas- great art!

For discussion of other games.

Re: Mutant Epoch- good ideas- great art!

Postby phineusbright247 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 am

nice book......never thought such a book would catch my attention......but since i really liked the game and read the topics i thought i'd give it a try.....and i like it......kinda reminds me of evil dead....lol....

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Looks to be complementary to Mutant Future with a certain level of humor included.

As for the Pure Strain Human aspect, hmmm I will open another thread rather than lose direction on this one.

:D
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Another awesome book released!

BEYOND THE RED CRATER

Six years ago your comrades from the town of Rust Watch were attacked on the edge of an ancient blast hole. Your militia patrol arrived back at camp too late and came upon a scene of devastation. You discovered that while a dozen of your people were taken captive, most were slain by the skullocks of the Bloodpath Clan. Your leader, Three Fisted Sammy, was found dying. The mutant tore up a blood stained map and gave you each a piece, along with careful instructions; return in six years, join the map together, and seek vengeance, glory and mighty relics waiting to be recovered in an ancient facility; a dome beyond Red Crater.

In this fast paced multi-path adventure, player characters reunite to fulfill an old request from a much loved militia officer. Their journey takes them passed a cursed crater, through ruins and ravines, over a river and across a salt flat to the foot of a concrete edifice. Therein, ancient technology and terrible beasts resist their advance as they uncover remarkable ancient treasures, twisted schemes, and nameless perils within the mysterious dome.

Designed for 6 to 10 first rank characters, this module isn’t setting specific and can either be dropped into a game master’s own campaign region or take place in the Crossroads Region by substituting Rust Watch for the fortified town of Pitford.

Included in this 132 page book are

► 81 Illustrations

► 6 maps

► 8 Player Handouts

► 2 New relics

► 1 new creature

► 8 Pre-generated player characters

► 13 NPCs

► Plus, SOE (Society of Excavator) Members can freely download all the maps, relics, NPCs, maps, handouts and more

Requires use of The Mutant Epoch™ RPG Hub Rules Book
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby 1970 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I've ben reading over the Hub Rules and actually made up a character or two just for the fun of it, which I haven't done since I was a teenager. I don't know if I like how lethal the game is, but I still picked up the Pitford book, just to read. I'm thinking I can probably use it for a less deadly PA game.

Postby Blood axe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:49 pm

1970 wrote:I've ben reading over the Hub Rules and actually made up a character or two just for the fun of it, which I haven't done since I was a teenager. I don't know if I like how lethal the game is, but I still picked up the Pitford book, just to read. I'm thinking I can probably use it for a less deadly PA game.

You can use a lot of the ideas for Mutant Future or Gamma World too.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Previous

Return to Other Games