Play by Forum tips?

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Play by Forum tips?

Postby ctcharger » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:45 am

Thinking about running a short adventure to test the system out. Any tips on how to do that here?
Things like:
Recruiting Players
Posting Maps
Rolling Dice
anything else I missed..
ctcharger

Re: Play by Forum tips?

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:36 pm

There are a few games already going, which you might be able to join if you are looking to do that.

Recruiting happens here: viewforum.php?f=6 Once you have interest, you can message Dan to get a subforum set up for your game. Alternately, you can run your game at a forum site built for that (Unseen Servant is popular).

Images and maps cannot be hosted here at the forum. Host elsewhere and use the Img link to link to that image. I post maps and images to Imgur because it makes it easy to generate a BBC Forum link. They also have some editing tools on the site for simple stuff. Other people prefer other sites such as photobucket for image hosting.

There are a few different dice rollers out there. Unseen Servant is popular. I've also used hamete virtual dice server in the past. Some game runners don't use dice rollers at all, they roll at home using the real thing and post their results as part of the action. As game runner, the choice is yours.
greyarea

Return to Labyrinth Lord