New players... some dont seem to grasp the old school vibe

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: New players... some dont seem to grasp the old school vi

Postby Keps » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 am

New school players, I agree, see the game differently. Whether its because of MMOs or the multitude of available systems, or how new systems seem to try and mash together role-playing with board games with video games. But hope is not lost. I've been playing more in the last 2 years than DMing, try it. It's frustrating going home thinking how differently you would have run the session that night or every night. Seeing how the interests vary between each player though helped me run a game eventually that had everyone(including the new kids)wanting more. So find that happy medium, it exists.
Keps

Postby YHWH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 pm

HeavyMetalWarrior wrote:The only people i really enjoy playing with are a bunch of stoners and metalheads who arent the typical modern gamers at all xD

Man, the demographic has shifted.
YHWH

Postby Greywolf » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:05 am

Scalydemon wrote:I'm very fortunate to live in an area with a vibrant old school gaming community, where I don't have to waste my time trying to change these types of peoples minds or attitudes

I'm glad that you changed my mind. Hehe.
Greywolf

Previous

Return to Open Discussion