Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby greyarea » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 pm

R’sstok glares at Dieter. <<Are all humanssss ssso densssse? Have you no resssspect for the powersss that give you life? I am a pilgrim for our godssss. The lizzzardfolk godsss are all powerful. They guide ussss and blessss ussss. I pressssent offeringssss to bring favor to my people.

Thissss placssse is holy sssite. It isss where lizzzzzardfolk come to pay homage to our godssss. During our holist dayssss, thissss placssse teemssss with the faithful. The domesss overflow with thosssse that honor the godsss.

I come to ssssee thisss sssshrine for the Avatar. He is the sssservant of the godssss. I think he will dissstroy you for your insssssolance. He will rend your flessssh for your blasssssphemy.
>>

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes sheaths his sword, then quickly punches the lizard in his snout "Shut your face! Did you understand me? Your worthless people attacked us before we even had a chance to state our business. And as for rent flesh, I'm gonna rend you into little cubes of lizard meat and toss you in the water to feed the crabs. Fu#$%& pilgrim my hairy butt!"

Grimes will then step back, breathing heavily, and draw his sword, smiling an evil smile at the lizard.... "Hold em' still boys, I'm gonna cut 'im up reaaaaal small. He's got no useful info for us."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Dieter - Mage

Heh... drivel, all of it. Perhaps you should meet whatever passes for reptile a god, today. Losing interest in the pilgrim he'll search the now dead ones for loot.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Dieter searches the bodies for loot. He finds nothing of value. They have no armbands and their spiked clubs aren't worth anything.

R’sstok recoils from Grimes' punch and rubs his snout. <<You're jussssst murderersssss. Can you blame my people for wanting to defend themsssselvesssss? To defend their Holy Sssssite from you?>>

He glances back and forth and notices that his "good cop", Einar, hasn't said anything of late and Dieter has wandered off. His demeanor changes instantly and he shrinks back He begins trembling again and grasping his hands together again, the fight gone from him. You're sure that if he could sweat, he'd be awash in it. <<Pleasssse. Pleasssse. I have a family. Don't kill me. I'll cooperate. Jusssst let me go.>> He motions to his pile of stuff. <<I'll even give you my offering to the godsss if you jussst let me live.>>

His eyes plead with you.

Actions?

Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Grimes - Murderer, Lizard Hater

Keeping his sword aloft, Grimes says in a low, sinister whisper... "Listen here, I might just let you go, if... IF you tell me some things. Understand, wormy? First, How many pilgrims are in the domes right now? What is the god you speak of? What does he look like? What offerings do you bring to appease your God? When do people come to worship at the domes?
He pauses and softens his tone somewhat... "you tell me what I need to know, and I'll let you live. If you don't, well..."

He'll let that sink in then ask him again each question above...
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 pm

R’sstok trembles at Grimes' threat.

<<I don't know how many pilgrimssss there are. I think I'm the only one now. It issssn't a high holy day for ussss. I haven't sssseen any others.

I've only been here in the Dome of the Faithful. They haven't taken me to the Dome of the Priestsssss yet and I was hoping, only hoping, to be admitted into the Dome of the Darkling Pool so I could offer my sssssacrifice.

The Avatar is the messssssenger of our godssss. I've never ssssseen him. I've only heard that the Avatar is an entity of living darknesssss.
>>

His voice rises in tempo and volume as he speaks as his fear overcomes him.

<<I don't know any more. I'm jusssst an pilgrim. Please, just let me live.>>

As he's pleading, the commotion seems to have caught the attention of someone in the room to the south. A black lizardman, one of the Darklings, comes out to investigate wielding a pitchfork!

He yells, <<Die, Anda yang akan menghujat di kuil kami! Semoga Avatar membawa Anda!>>

(secret roll) He surprises you and casts a spell, trying to touch (secret roll) Dandy (d20, 20, HIT!). (saving throw vs Spells, 10, FAIL) The cleric is overcome with terror as the Cause Fear spell overtakes him and he starts running from the room.

Actions?

Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Grimes - Angry Wee Man

Grimes shakes his head and plunges his sword into the "pilgrim". Once that's done he can deal with the dark lizard.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Dieter - Mage

Stupid lizard... He'll take after Dandy as long as he's not running into somewhere new and uncharted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 am

Furuk advances towards the dark lizard and attacks him with his sword.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Pitchfork

Initiative baddie with a pitchfork, d6, 3, party d6, 1 baddie has initative

The baddie attacks Furuk, who is coming after him (d20, 13, MISS), but his pitchfork misses. Bits of hay drop from it.

The party responds.

Einar (autopilot) fires an arrow at the bugger (d20, 11, MISS) but it flies wide.

Grimes skewers the talkative one, who dies instantly at his sword, and turns to meet the new foe.

Dieter chases after Dandy, who has fled into the pool room.

Furuk swings his blade at the attacker (d20, 8, MISS) but cannot connect.

Actions?

Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23 (Terrified)
Einar 11/11
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain