3. Save a Horse...

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 3. Save a Horse...

Postby badams30 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan tries to remain calm, supressing his urge to punch the goblin in the face.. repeatedly..

He says in as calm a voice as he can muster... "Which way did they take the horses? Where were they going?"
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:24 am

The goblin points to the southeast. "That way."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:07 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan says "bind her... tightly." (I know Biz said to bind her, but just in case she hasn't been)
He will then say "We have no more use for this thing. I have unfinished business with these goblins, and if she is allowed to live, she will alert them as to our intentions and status. I cannot let her leave here freely, but we need to resolve this quickly, Taras still has some horses to take home, and I mean to kill whoever has them."
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Before you can bind the goblin, Taras is off his horse, battle axe drawn. He holds the blade up to the goblin's neck. "Why did you attack our homestead?" he demands, pressing the blade into the creature's neck. "Answer me!"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Soldath - Mage

If you take her head off I doubt you will get an answer Tara. She is more useful to us alive than dead. Your question is valid though and the answer would be interesting.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Tret, rogue

Tret yells from his horse, "What'cha gonna do Soldath? Knock him out with one of your sleep spells? It seems to me you're a bit on the friendly side with our Goblin foes. So why don't you ask your little friend to answer Tara's question, huh wizard?"
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:10 pm

"Chief Jaggadash give orders," the goblin replies, panting, looking down at the axe blade aimed at her neck. "Chief Jaggadash got orders too," she adds. "From Vlaack. Nasty hobgoblin."

Taras, not Tara, looks at Tret, then turns to Soldath. Before he can comment, the goblin continues.

"Chief don't take orders no more, though," she says, pointing at one of the goblin corpses in the clearing. "He decided to steal horses instead," she explains. "Sell to elf lady in wagon. But Kloss-lunk catch us. Kill horses. Kill Jaggadash, too."
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Soldath - Mage

Vomit of the mouth will not make this engagement easier. He will say to Tret. To Taras: It looks like we know who were looking for at least.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Tret, rogue

"You seem awfully defensive, magic user," he replies to Soldath. "Afraid you've been outed, perhaps?"

"So, if this little bugger is to be trusted," he says with a spit, nodding his head at the goblin, "we're dealing with Vlaack, the hobgoblin master mind, the elf lady, whoever that is, and the Kloss-lunk, whatever that is. So goblin: who is this wagon elf and what is a Kloss-lunk, eh?"
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Thoughtfully "Wagon elf? Hmmm... Our first priority is to get these horses back, then square things with the vermin. This wagon-elf may be the key to the horses..."
To the goblin, "Where might we find this wagon elf?"
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror