The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Spanningtree wrote:Dieter - Mage

Of course... Dieter will pull out his waterskin and hand it off to Castinus.

I'm thinking he was hoping for something stronger :) Let's say that Castinus and Grimes are filled in by the others once they are up, just to keep things moving along.

Lludd suggests heading out through his cave, he says it leads to the foothills, but he'd rather stay in his home than go adventuring with you.

Acquaire is confused by Grimes' lack of response to her affections. Is it me, she wonders, or does he desire one of his own kind? The siren refuses to use her song to en-trance the halfling on the edge, but might wander off at the next town.

Fido will follow.

Rhinoceros Beetle: AC 2; MV 60' (20'); HD 12; hp 68; #AT 2 (bite, horn); D 3d6/2d8; Save F12; Morale 8
These 12' long beetles have a 6' long horn, which they use as an effective weapon. Rhinoceros beetles feed primarily on leaves, plants, fruits, and other vegetation, but are territorial and will attack creatures when threatened.

(Dieter can add Fido to his character sheet as a "pet" -- his spell and its intelligence and save were at the point where it is for all intents and purposes a forever charmed monster.)
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Dieter - Mage

OCC: Can we do a more in depth search of the room Shae was brought down in before moving out. Dieter will release Fido before they leave the cave system, I am fairly sure he adds no stealth to any of the parties movements.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

OOC: You can but I already gave you all of the treasure found there. The Heart was the hanging thing that Belenus destroyed, thus negating the way that you would have needed to destroy it otherwise: by using all three of the weapons including Blackrazor. :)

Is there something that you fear you missed?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:45 am

greyarea wrote:OOC: The Heart was the hanging thing that Belenus destroyed,

OCC: Nope, that answers my question. Dieter is/was interested in the artifact (what mage would not be). :D

Dieter - Mage

Looking at the dark creature: Tell us where we must go and what to look for. Where do we return to? Do you have a map, maybe?

To his charmed friends: Thanks Lludd. We'll miss you. Fido, you and Lludd stay together.

OCC: I would guess we would determine our exit by where the demon tells us where to go. We still have horses at the main entrance but if Lludd's exit is closer...
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Furuk - Fighter

"Welcome back guys. It was a tought fight, but you can see we came out victorious."

"I believe you are looking for this Grimes." Furuk hands Wave over to Grimes.

Furuk gets the others caught up on their time away and prepares for the next adventure.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:16 am

The party reconvenes. You feel in the back of your minds the destination, as if you need no map to find the vessel that Blackrazor wishes you to locate. It is in the next range, and your journey would take you back through Bissel, the town where you received the quest to destroy the Heart.

Lludd leads the party to the exit from his cavern and then excuses himself bringing with him Fido. He disappears around the side of the mountain, giving you time to enjoy the thaw due to your efforts.

The air is warm and smell of life fills your nostrils. You can hear birdsong, insects chirping, and other sounds of the roused and energized beasts, with a background of rushing water as the ice and snow are melted. The path down to the valley is muddy but should do.

Lludd and Fido return with all of the horses, which are visibly relieved to be in your presence again. They could use a good brushing but otherwise seem hale. Lludd says, I'm pretty sure I saw Ddraig Wen down in the valley. I think he's dead, not just sleeping. I could eat for a month on him alone, much less that he hunted the same area I did. I just might be spending more time outdoors after all.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 58/58
--Dandy 33/33 < new spells? >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Lightning Bolt , Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:41 am

Dieter - Mage

That's a good thing Lludd! A free meal and a new life, not a bad way to start the day, eh! You take care of yourself and Fido! You have been great friends, perhaps we meet again. He'll pat both of them as the group makes their way off.

To Bissel, gents?

OCC: This is Dieter's spell load out, the spells I listed earlier were level up additions. Let me know if there are any issues:
Magic Missile x 2, Otiluke's Smoky Sphere, Sleep, Auditory Illusion, Continual Light, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud , Fireball, Lightning Bolt , Monster Summoning I, Slow, Charm Monster, Evard's Black Tentacles, Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer, Monster Summoning III , Otiluke's Radiant Sphere, Teleport
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:52 pm

"Aye, to Bissel." Dandy agrees and heads out with his companions.

OOC: Dandy has 40hp now, spells are: Cure Light Wounds x7,Bless, Hold Personx2, Find Traps, Augury, Silence 15'r,Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead,Protection from Evil 10' radius, Cure serious woundsx3,Raise dead, flame strike
merias

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:46 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk bids farewell to Lludd and Fido. He breathes in the fresh air and is happy to be outside once again.

"Let's continue on."

He secures his gear and makes his way down the muddy path to the valley.
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:22 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes happily breathes the fresh air and says "I'm glad to be outside again. But to be honest I'm a bit sad to see Lludd go." Grimes chuckles and then catches a glimpse of Castinus and says quietly "Hey Casty. We'll get Shae back, don't you worry. This guy NEVER loses. Well, almost never. If you don't count that back there..."

Grimes glances over at Acquire and with a smile says "I'm glad you are safe and sound, and looking as beautiful as ever!" He pauses and sheepishly says "So... are you going to be sticking around with me, uh.. I mean us? Or going back to the ocean?"

OOC: Grimes is unusually chipper following his brush with death (yet again) and is anxious to get back to Bissel to get some quick R&R, bask in the glory of his adoring public (and to stick it in the face of the smug powerful dudes who sent us on this mission...)

Grimes is leveled up (69 HP now... he's a mini tank) and ready to roll! (one thing - when we get back to town, Grimes is going to try to obtain some magic armor, and we can't forget to return that Rod of Temperature Control or whatever it was back to that Super Druid guy.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain