Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby Atomic Ray » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:10 am

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Han finds his adventure mates and sees that something is afoot, so he calmly settles in and listens to what is going on)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Nahin - Elf

kjc wrote:Jayce - Fighter
"And what did we decided about the two older folks?" Jayce asked.

Well, I think we should lend a hand there, but I'm not sure what should take priority. The stink eye or the older folks. He will say with a shrug, munching on whatever passes for breakfast. Good to see you doing well this morning Grinkle...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:21 pm

"I guess that depends on how long it takes to tackle the problem with stink eye," Rory muses.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 am

So it sounds like you have a few things planned:

1. Nahin is planning on taking up Durden's offer to garrison the keep. You'll need to return and chat with him or Seedius to iron this out.
2. Investigate the brown robed guy who mad-mugged at you all. Although Stem had expressed his opinion that the fellow probably has taken off, as he'd be unlikely to be able to hide in such a small locale as Red Larch and it's several hundred inhabitants.
3. Help the Morgans. Mr. Morgan said he'd be back today to see what you'd decided. You've plenty of time to decide and/or discuss specifics.

Does someone want to make a call and proceed? I will assume that Nahin is going to see the magister first. I'll wait to see if this is the case. If nothing by tomorrow sometime, I'll proceed as that is the case.
badams30

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 am

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Han is a bit lost...so much happened while he was entertaining some of the locals)

"Is there any way I could be of help?"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 am

Dak chews his breakfast loudly, shoveling in large quantities of food, and declares his thoughts as he continues chewing.... "Uhmmm... I think we... munch munch munch... go help dem old people find other people. Mmmm.. I like bread. And den we bring em' home." He pauses, swallows, and then lets out a resonating belch that stops all activity in the inn for a good 30 seconds. Unfazed, he goes back to eating.

Grinkle has no preference as to which way to go, but he does tell Marcus that the man in brown robes scares him. "I didn't get a good look at him, but when he turned and looked at me, I felt very weak and scared. I hope he's long gone. He's a bad one, Master Marcus. A bad one."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Marcus, paladin

And bad men are why we fight, Grinkle, Marcus replies with a smile.

As to the two others, continues Marcus to the group, I think the man in brown presents the clearer danger. We can help the others once we have safely dispatched him. And who knows, he might be one who is tormenting them anyway.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Nahin - Elf

Ay, Marcus. I see your point... I do think the Morgan's have a clear and present situation that needs immediate assistance before escalating further. The brown robed individual... I may have reacted in a similar fashion if I were followed by those I know not... if there is truely something sinister afoot with him I think he may follow us out of here.

Yes, I'll make my way to the magister today and have the keep garrisoned. After that I intend to go see Melvin. By afternoon I would like to speak with the Morgan's and let them know what we have decided.

When Dak belts out his huge belch Nahin will take pause. Looking at Rory and Han with a wink: At least it came out that end!
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 am

Nahin said he'd be going to see Seedius/Durden about the keep, so he's going. I'm assuming you will all be in tow unless you tell me otherwise.

You head toward Seedius' office, and as before, you are politely ushered in. The guard bids you to have a seat in the same room you were in yesterday, and within 2-3 minutes, Durden arrives, with a serious look on his face. As he sits, he says "I heard about your troubles last night. I hope you are all well. I have some of our people conducting some inquiries as the identity of the mysterious man, who appears to have fled town to parts unknown. If you see or hear of this fiend again, please notify any of our guard - it is their first priority at this time. And watch your back." He smiles and says "so have you reached a decision?"

Nahin informs Durden of his desire to have the keep garrisoned for the time being, and Durden smiles. "I think you are making a wise choice. As I mentioned earlier, you are providing a huge service to the city, and you will be avoiding some tax burden as well. Here's what I was thinking: As I told you, we will maintain your keep in top condition as long as we are occupying it. We will make defensive improvements as needed, and again - all changes will be left intact when you choose to take over the keep, and all modifications and equipment surplus will become your property. You will pay no taxes as long as Waterdeep is allowed to utilize your keep. And of course this is your home, you are welcome to return and stay there as you wish. Your food and personal well-being would be your responsibility, but I'm sure you'd find the garrison to be quite accomodating and friendly. If all this is satisfactory to you, I'll have you sign this." He pulls out a small scroll with the crest of Waterdeep, and you family sigil, including your information. It essentially says that you are allowing the City to utilize the keep for the security of the City and defense of Waterdhavian interests as needed. You and the city both have an immediate opt out clause that says you can choose to vacate (or kick out) the garrison at any time. If the City decides to vacate the keep, they will provide you 30 days physical security of the keep to allow for your return if you aren't local. After the 30 days, the garrison can simply walk away. He looks at you and says "do you have any questions? I trust this is satisfactory?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 am

Nahin - Elf

Excellent, this will work quite well. The arrangements exceed my requirements, thank you very much. Nahin will sign the paperwork and file a copy away with the deed for the keep.

We were all wondering if anything is known about this mystery man... anything at all?

OCC: Contract with the city added to sheet.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure