Another dungeon anyone?

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

Re: Another dungeon anyone?

Postby Bob » Sat May 14, 2011 8:52 am

I'm looking ahead to Gen Con and a game I'm supposed to be running for some folks there. Unfortunately, my last campaign died while I was dealing with some real-life problems, and I haven't had a chance to get a new one started yet.

I'm also thinking that we might be able to put this forward as a good sample dungeon for the LLS. I know in a couple of threads, people were suggesting that we do an introductory adventure for the society and that we make it for slightly higher than 1st level to make it more survivable and give the players more options.
Bob

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Bob wrote:Let's do the One Hour Dungeon Map then. Ok, next decision is the number and levels for the party. I'd like to see something closer to mid-level rather than introductory, like 3-5 players of levels 3-5. That gives us some more options for what to put in the dungeon. Thoughts?

I'm in the midst of stocking another (larger) dungeon at level 4-5 (character levels 3-6). It's a lot of fun - a mix of larger groups of level 1-2 critters, but the core of the opposition on the first level is a team of Ogre adventurers.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby elf23 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Bob wrote:I'm looking ahead to Gen Con and a game I'm supposed to be running for some folks there.

Hey that's really cool, so it might get played at GenCon if all goes well!

Bob wrote:I'm also thinking that we might be able to put this forward as a good sample dungeon for the LLS. I know in a couple of threads, people were suggesting that we do an introductory adventure for the society and that we make it for slightly higher than 1st level to make it more survivable and give the players more options.

That's also a really cool idea! Yes, 3rd level seems to be a popular starting point for characters who you want to give a fairly good chance of survival.

Looking forward to some collaborative stocking! :D
elf23

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Alright, I'll key it tomorrow and post it. I'm getting ready to head out to a party right now, or I would do it now.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Bob » Sat May 14, 2011 6:41 pm

elf23 wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm looking ahead to Gen Con and a game I'm supposed to be running for some folks there.

Hey that's really cool, so it might get played at GenCon if all goes well!

I volunteer at Gen Con in registration, so I don't get a lot of time to play at the con. Last year I ran a one-shot of LL on Wednesday night, though. Some of my old gaming friends from Chicago played. It was one of their first experiences with old school gaming, and they had a ball. I'm thinking of trying the same thing this year with these guys and, hopefully, using that as the basis for starting a pbp game with them.

So I'd like to get an adventure together that I can playtest with them and then start using with a broader audience. All of the old Chicago group have played a lot of newer games and they are pretty critical of things that don't work. If the adventure runs well for them, it should be appealing to other gamers that are only familiar with new school stuff. So if it works, I'll probably start using it as a one-shot to try to get some more people in Indy into playing LL.
Bob

Postby Dyson Logos » Thu May 19, 2011 3:43 pm

So, I forgot about this, sorry.

*which* one hour dungeon map am I keying? I've got two of them.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby Bob » Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

The one I was thinking of is here. Either one would work, though.
Bob

Postby elf23 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, do whichever one you fancy Dyson... They're both cool maps!
elf23

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat May 21, 2011 1:01 am

Here she is!

Click here for the full size version

Areas 1 and 2 are the two entrances. I didn't key every location I wanted to because the numbers were interfering with the visibility of the dungeon proper. So Area 31 encompasses a number of sub-rooms, as does area 20.

I'll be pimping it on my blog on Wednesday (yeah, I schedule my posts often a week or so in advance when I'm in a creative mood).
Last edited by Dyson Logos on Sat May 28, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
Dyson Logos

Postby elf23 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:26 am

Nice one Dyson, looks great!

"Let the stocking commence..."

Oh, go on then, I can't resist starting.

1. Stairs down: A set of worn, sludge-covered stairs head down into the dank darkness of the caves below. A faint chattering sound can be heard.
elf23

PreviousNext

Return to Open Workshop