GORE license

A forum for discussing the nuts and bolts of publishing. With self-publishing becoming more common there is a need for sharing of ideas and resources.

GORE license

Postby jasondgraham » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:50 pm

I am considering a creating a supplement (and potentially several) under the GORE rules, and was wondering about how the license works exactly. I am very new to this so please excuse my ignorance, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here.
My understanding is that, as log as I include the text

“GOREtm is copyright 2007, Daniel Proctor. GORETM and Lite GORETM are trademarks of Daniel
Proctor. These trademarks are used under the GOREtm Trademark License * (where * indicates the
license version number) available at www.goblinoidgames.com.”

I will be able to sell my product both physically and electronically without being in violation of any copyright or trademarks. Is this correct or do I also need to include the other pages of WotC info and Mongoose info? What parts do I need to change (dates and versions) if any. Also, do I need to include GORE logo, links to Goblinoid, etc? I don't mind doing all these things, just want to make sure I do it right before step on anyones toes and / or get myself in any trouble.
My end goal is to produce several supplements under the GORE system and sell them online as downloads and physical prints as well as at cons and game stores eventually.
Any advice is more than welcome.
jasondgraham

Return to Publishing Discussion