Beneath the Moathouse

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Beneath the Moathouse

Postby greyarea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:48 pm

The party leaves the way they came, heading through the secret door and up to the large room. The bandit is still there, unconscious in his bindings. Not much time has passed, it is early afternoon, although it seems dark out: clouds have gathered and the wind howls through the arrow-slits and broken masonry. Apparently a storm is rolling in.

The gnome thanks Fr Redmond again. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out what appears to be a plain, iron ring and hands it to the cleric. Wear this and my people will know you an ally of gnomes. I am not headed towards the town, so I will part with you here. Thank you again for your healing prayer and for rescuing me.

The two merchants fall into the middle of the marching order. They ask questions about how much time has passed and if you noticed certain things in town, trying to judge if the caravan has passed through yet or not.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <2/1>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin gives the gnome a day worth of rations and suggests he take some equipment from the bandit area for his journey home. "Safe travels."

Thurwin grimaces at the ominous sky and says "We'll, let's make the best time we can, and if it storms we just deal with it. And perhaps we should see if those two miscreants are still tied up. I'm all for leaving them that way and continuing on, but we may want to sneak a look and see if they are present. If they aren't, they could try to make trouble for us in town. And no doubt they are probably a bit sore at being bested and left naked with no gear." He chuckles and says "let's be on our way then!"

OOC: And we are OFF!
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will give a short bow to the gnome as he leaves. Ai, let's see if we can get ahead of this storm. He will venture out of the protection of the keep.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby GreyKatana » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Father Redmond thanks the gnome profusely for his gift and say that he will wear it proudly.

OOC: Inventory updated to include the ring.
GreyKatana

Postby kwll » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Calthas follows along, happy to be in the open and finally away from this creepy dungeon.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:45 pm

The party exits the moathouse. Gusts of wind whip your cloaks around you. The reeds in the fen dance and the air is filled with the noise of the rushes and howls of the breeze.

You get to the part of the road where Kobort and Turuko were bound. You see the bits of rope where they once were and no other sign. Rilo (autopilot - has anyone heard from fumanstu recently?) checks the ground for tracks. [1d100] = 20 ROLL He stands up and declares, They definitely escaped sometime yesterday evening. The two of them headed back the way we came, probably to town.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <2/1>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Thurwin -- Wizard

Thurwin shakes his head and says "Well, we know they are free, so let's be alert, they may be out waiting for unaware travelers to ambush and take their things. Let's assume they are heading to Homlett. We can turn this brigand in to the mage, and report the other two while we are there. And if we run into them again, I have some magic for them."

OOC: Let's continue, I'd say to the tower to drop the bad guy off, and to drop the dime on the two escaped turdballs. And nope - haven't heard from Fumanstu. I e-mailed him about my game a few days ago. I think he's MIA.
badams30

Postby merias » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Effric, Druid

"Agreed, let's keep on for town, if they head to Homlett they will most certainly try to sully our reputation with the townsfolk."
merias

Postby badams30 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Thurwin

Thurwin briefly describes the encounter with the two to the freed prisoners, and politely asks them to vouch for us if needed.

OOC: We've got a brigand and two freed prisoners in tow, so that has to be a good sign.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Tavin - Monk

We'll just have to see how they react, we will need to rely on the towns folks good sense.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk