The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby kwll » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Calthas, a little indisposed by the conversation, takes care of the eggs before it becomes inedible.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Effric, Druid

"I agree with Thurwin, let's explore below, although I care not what happens to this miscreant. Secure him now and take him back to town later, or dispose of him now, either is acceptable to me."
merias

Postby greyarea » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Calthas saves the eggs. They are burned but still edible. Other than the char, they are well seasoned.

The bandit faints at the sound of him being fed to the spider or snake. He is dead weight, trussed up good.

The south area is yet unexplored. The secret stairway down and the (more obvious) stairway in the northwest corner of the greatroom leading here are also unexplored.

It is quite early, still. Maybe 9AM

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <4/2>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Tavin - Monk

Check the south and then go downstairs?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Spanningtree wrote:Tavin - Monk

Check the south and then go downstairs?

Caydon - Rogue
"I like it, leave this one trussed up..." Caydon gestures with his dagger toward the bandit, "...and continue" he says sheathing the blade.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby merias » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Effric, Druid

"Sounds like a good course of action to check the south before going downstairs."
merias

Postby greyarea » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:59 pm

The party heads south. (I'm going to assume you investigate the rooms in turn, to keep things moving).

The first room to the west was once a conference chamber, but is now empty. Its dirt and wreckage show no signs of any recent occupant, though a couple of small rats are seen scur- rying away. There is nothing of any value within except a very fine broadsword wedged behind a splintered wall case, the contents of which are long gone. (OOC: Someone can claim the broadsword)

The next room down is similar. Once the quarters of a castle troop leader or some other petty official, this place is now a total wreck. The bed is chopped to pieces, and the furniture is smashed or missing. There is nothing of value here.

The room across the hall was once very opulent, obviously a place of many expensive furnishings. The remaining bits and tatters still appear rich (though none are of value). Looking at the ceiling, you see dozens of ordinary bats, sleeping away the morning. It explains why the moathouse, deep in a fen, is largely devoid of mosquitoes.

The room south you approach very cautiously after the brigand's tale of a snake. The room appears, like the others, once opulent with many furnishings. The south-east corner of the wall is smashed, likely from the siege. Then you spot it. A huge adder, over 12 feet long, dwells here. It crawled up the rubble spilled into the moat, and it is watching you and smelling you with its long tongue.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <4/2>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby merias » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric will cautiously come forward, still a distance from the snake, and attempt to speak with animals, assuring the snake we will not harm it if we can search the room without being eaten, perhaps in exchange we can bring it a meal.
merias

Postby greyarea » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Effric casts his charm. The snake listens and responds, For what do you search? I have eaten all of the rats the corner and the toad that I followed to get here. A man like you came here a few weeks ago. I was full from him for a while, but am hungry now. One of you would make a nice exchange for allowing you to search. A good meal for me. Hmmm?
greyarea

Postby merias » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Effric, Druid

"Thurwin, I believe you stowed a large chunk of lizard-meat?"

Assuming he likes it, Effric will tell the snake we have the entire lizard to offer him.
merias

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk