Playtest PbP

Re: Playtest PbP

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 am

I also was thinking the same...chance for small teams to take a shuttle over here or there, a couple of people staying with the stranded ship awaiting recovery, etc.

Ok Mr Dan...I am ready as I will ever be...

Outpost 1134 S&S 2nd Ed PbP game

Players can be whatever is available at this time, I would open it for more but we have enough to work through without adding more...maybe focus on Human and one other race to better focus our efforts?

Is there a guess to which race other than human will be popular?

But either way, door open or closed it maters not to me...what ever you guys think is best for the play testing aspect.

We will do this in episode format, as it should be...with an intro, a beginning, middle, and end...next episode will most likely not be related to the prior, not directly...rock monsters this week, space virus next week, and the Shlork incident the following week.

(by week I mean to say the game/episode aspect not necessarily seven PbP days)

You will all know each other from academy, boot camp, training facility, etc.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Goblinoid Games » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 am

All set!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Koren n'Rhys » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Looking good then!

Again, just to playtest as much of the ruleset as possible, I think we'll want to keep the race options fully open (to all the "official" ones that is - nothing new). Dan already stated that he's dropping the Daelans, so maybe we can avoid those.

For myself, I suppose I'm leaning towards a Rigel - Military/Security. Give the weapons and combat rules a workout - but without the pressures of command.
Obligatory Blogroll:
Kingdoms in Trevail for my RC D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"
RetroCyberpunk where I work on a Shadowrun retro-clone[/size]
Koren n'Rhys

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Koren n'Rhys wrote:Looking good then!

Again, just to playtest as much of the ruleset as possible, I think we'll want to keep the race options fully open (to all the "official" ones that is - nothing new). Dan already stated that he's dropping the Daelans, so maybe we can avoid those.

For myself, I suppose I'm leaning towards a Rigel - Military/Security. Give the weapons and combat rules a workout - but without the pressures of command.

No worries, no one will be in command.

Minor leadership roles certainly but no Commanding or Executive Officer sort of thing.

I am up for all races, just mulling the potential out there.

The game's a foot and I have shoes for everyone!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby gentleman john » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Right now I'm considering a Terran Technical/Navigation officer. Somebody has to fly those shuttles out to where the adventure is ...
gentleman john

Postby kjc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 am

Looks like I got beat out of pilot...so I'll go with communications/space babe! :lol:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Previous

Return to Second Edition Playtest