OSR OGL BLOGOSPHERE MONSTERS PROJECT

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Postby Vlark » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 am

Hey! Here's a crazy-batshit-insane idea! Let’s collect a month’s worth of monsters from the OSR blogs & forums!

Below is a link to an editable Google Docs word processing file. Copy & paste any creatures you’ve posted on your blog during the month of June 2012 into this document, including the stat block. Include a link back to the page on your blog or the forum where it originally appeared. Insert a page break after adding your creature.

I’ll leave this document here, open for two weeks (until July 16). After that, I’ll close the editing, alphabetize the entries, slap in the OGL and post a PDF for download. And then I'll start a new file for July!

Note: Please only share material that you feel comfortable appearing in a half-assed, crazy, DIY fan compilation.
Vlark

Re: OSR OGL BLOGOSPHERE MONSTERS PROJECT

Postby 3llense'g » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 am

Vornheim & Searchers of the Unknown is all you need! Read my blog, Countersong!
3llense'g

Postby Vlark » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 pm

3llense'g wrote:Why not put them up here? :) http://campaignwiki.org/wiki/LinksToWisdom/Monsters

Because those are just links to web pages. And those aren't all the creatures created in a given month. And those are heavily curated--the links are pruned.

This is a single file, easy to pull up on your screen or easily printed for future reference without clicking all over the place.

Don't get me wrong--the Links to Wisdom wiki is a fine project. This is just something different.
Vlark

Postby elf23 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Cool idea!

I realise now that I don't think I've ever posted a monster on my blog! No, wait there were some elementals about a year ago...
elf23

Return to Open Discussion