The only sound in here...

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: The only sound in here...

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:36 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Also I've had a low profile lately because my daughter was born in May, been very busy!

Congratulations Dan!!
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby Agrippa » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 am

The Lizard of Oz wrote:
Goblinoid Games wrote:Also I've had a low profile lately because my daughter was born in May, been very busy!

Congratulations Dan!!

Congratulations too Dan.
Agrippa

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks guys!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Something else I thought I would mention, is that in terms of the overall popularity of Labyrinth Lord I haven't had any "dips" in sales that are out of the ordinary. Sales have always been steady no matter what flavor of the month game is popular. There seems to be increasing/steady third party support of LL, which is to me a better measure anyway. It has never been my intention that LL or MF for that matter, be only "my" game. I think LL has the most publisher support of any clone or semi-clone game, which is wonderful and I think speaks to the greater community nature of LL and B/X in general. Where other games have "gone more commercial" LL has been a more steady DIY force, at least from my perspective. Sure, it's in game stores, but I've always avoided the implication or appearance of anything "official" for LL because the game belongs to all of us. I'm no authority. I'm just one guy and there is only so much I personally can do. LL pretty much lives or dies based on community support.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby petespahn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:35 am

Goblinoid Games wrote: LL pretty much lives or dies based on community support.

Yes! And part of that support is submissions to your friendly neighborhood fanzine, so if you've got something to share, please hit me up!

I'll also add that in my area, the games I see played most are Pathfinder, Vampire, and Labyrinth Lord, so that's pretty cool. Most of the gamers here don't frequent internet forums though, which is a bit strange.
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby rredmond » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Skathros wrote:Call me a pessimist...

Pessimist.
;)
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Previous

Return to Open Discussion