The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby badams30 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes runs up to Furuk and gives him a hearty pat on the shoulder. "I'm sure glad you are okay. Leave the near death stuff to me, okay?" He chuckles and then heads off cautiously to see what this Bodak is/was. He'll be careful to avoid the gaze of any corpse or whatever, just in case.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Entering the Bodak's inner sanctum you see the creature, grey and manlike with wide black eyes, dead among his horde. By the smell of the treasure, it was gathered by the troglodytes, probably as sacrifices. The horde contains 187 cp, 3,440 sp, 207 ep, 4,196 gp, 289 pp, 20 base-50gp value gems, 14 pieces of jewelry, a potion of diminution, a potion of poison, a potion of polymorph self, a clerical scroll of four spells (resist fire, remove curse, raise dead, heal; at the 12th level of spell use), a magic-user's scroll of six spells (mending, false gold, magic mouth, dispel magic, distort distance, statue; at the 15th level of spell use), a scroll of protection from possession, a ring of warmth, bracers of defense (AC 7), a serpentine owl, a short sword +1 (NSA), a suit of elf-sized scale mail +2, and a spear+2.

Quite the haul.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 27/58
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Lower water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Magic Missile x 3, Sleep, Levitate, Phantasmal force, Stinking cloud, Lightning bolt, Water breathing, Dimension door >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter nabs the magic user scroll. Hmmm... seems like were making the death thing a habit... interesting club to be a part of.

OCC: Scroll added to inventory.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Dandy secures the clerical and protection scrolls.
merias

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:02 am

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk is shaken up and tries to make sense of what happened to him.

"Thanks for the kind words. I need to walk this off."

Furuk keeps his head down and walks at a slow pace into the cavern.
Craigers07

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 am

Dieter - Mage

Furuk, give it a bit... weird cobwebs were left in my head after it happened to me.

I think we need to rest for a bit, gather our bearings. If no one is interested in the wee owl statue radiating magic there, I'll take it. He will say with a toothy smile.
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head at the massive treasure assembled. He picks up the potion of Polymorph Self and says "If no one minds, I think I'll take this."

He helps gather the loot to carry, and agrees with Deiter that a rest is needed for everyone.

OOC: Do we have a treasure thread?
badams30

Postby greyarea » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am

badams30 wrote:OOC: Do we have a treasure thread?

We don't but, IIRC everyone has a bag of holding or two so carrying out the treasure shouldn't be an issue. Just divide it up evenly and add to character sheets :)

Where are you going to rest? Here?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Dieter - Mage

Nabbing the owl and sticking in his pocket he will look around the chamber: This place is pretty bloody morbid. Rest here would be hard to come by. Maybe we move back to where the trogs were or something?

OCC: Serpentine owl added to inventory.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Th party returns to the frog caves to rest but it's too stinky. They return to the entrance by the stairs where they set up watch, eat and rest. Everyone has some pretty bad dreams and Castinus most of all.

Shae accuses each of you of abandoning her in the horrifying tomb where she died. Her eyes are like cold fire and her breath like an ice wind. Whenever you wake from these dreams its with teeth chattering and shivering bodies, even though the caves are not particularly cold. Acquaire is the only one not beset by these night mares.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 28/58
--Dandy 32/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Lower water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 59/59
Dieter 31/31 < Magic Missile x 3, Sleep, Levitate, Phantasmal force, Stinking cloud, Lightning bolt, Water breathing, Dimension door >
--Acquaire
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain