Is there a GORE rules template?

For discussion of the Generic Old-school Roleplaying Engine.

Is there a GORE rules template?

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the basic GORE starting point.

Is it a downloadable resource?
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Re: Is there a GORE rules template?

Postby michaelcurtis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 am

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by template, Atom Ray. Could you clarify? Maybe I or someone else could steer you in the right direction.
michaelcurtis

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

I mean to say has the GORE system been established or is it a general term for the old school game system ideal?

I see GORE is a protected name for Goblinoid Games but there is no product as such...just curious.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby michaelcurtis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

If it's the actual GORE rules you're looking for, you can download the PDF of them at RPGNow.com for free or get the hardcopy version through Lulu.com for $7.20. There are no official GORE adventures or settings produced by Goblinoid Games AFAK. I'm not certain if third-parties have produced some and made them available.

GORE is an OGL version of the percentile-based rule system introduced with RuneQuest and made OGL by Mongoose Games. There's no implicit setting, but the rules cover the basic of everything from fantasy to modern to future settings, making it a perfect resource for referees who want to use it as the backbone for a setting and homebrew lots of goodies on top of it--which is what I've been using it for to great success! :D
michaelcurtis

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 am

Thanks!

I figured I missed a memo or two lol.

:D
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby SMAY63 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

The nice thing about GORE, is that you can set ANY theme to it with a bit of imagination.
Myself; I've made rules/files for fantasy, sci-fi, some WWII weapons and a zombie survival theme in the GORE section of the forum here.
It's very adaptable.
SMAY63

Return to GORE