6. The Stone Wood

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 6. The Stone Wood

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:29 am

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan will ask the party to assemble in the AM. He points to the tapestry and says "The way I see it, we don't have a solid lead on where we are going. We could burn many days looking for these ruins, and if we are lucky, perhaps find them. I think before we do this, we should at least try to speak with this Loshad being. If he is wise of this area, he may know of the way to these ruins, or someone who can guide us to them. And for those who are skeptical of his loyalties, it gives us a chance of finding out whose side he is on." He allows his words to sink in and says "I plan on heading to the moors to attempt to contact this being. Join me if you wish. However, anyone who has designs on harming this being or obstructing him will deal with me. Who will join me? I will depart in time to arrive this night."

OOC: That's Athelstan's plan. RIde to the moor, and try to contact this being. We've spent a lot of time wandering around this area, and it could take us longer looking for this place. It's time to look for help. It's a longshot, but this horse dude might have some answers.
badams30

Postby saalaria » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:06 am

Tethir - Elf

"aye I'm with you, if he is some kind of woodland being, I should be able to help convince him of our good intent."
saalaria

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 am

You estimate that if you leave around 8 p.m., you should make it through the forest and a respectable distance on to the moors (6 miles or so) by midnight. Six miles may seem like a lot, but Stellios said that you have to stand on the "high moors," in other words, not just on the edge of the forest. The moors are 24 miles across at their widest point, so 6 miles out should be sufficient. That should bring you back to Sukiskyn by 4 a.m. Oh man, I'm glad I don't have to do this. :lol:

So far, it appears Athelstan, Tethir and Anja are going. Anybody else?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Old Anja (Shaman)

Yes, Old Anja is definitely going. She's not afraid of Loshad, anyone who cares about horses can't be too bad in her books. She is confident that the childish ritual will work!

However, we can kill two birds with one stone by heading out northwards across the moors at the same time. If our information is accurate:
1) The ritual needs to be performed 3 nights in a row.
2) The ritual does not need to be performed in the same location (?), just "on the high moors".

So we can travel three days northwards across the moors, doing the Loshad ritual each night. Then, unless he tells us we need to go south :lol:, we'll have a head start.
kipper

Postby Blood axe » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Harn makes quick preparations to leave with the group.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby greyarea » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Tret, rogue

You aren't leaving without me. You need a scout.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

Athelstan smiles at the large contingent volunteering. He asks the large fellow if he'd like to accompany us as well. "We could use another strong arm, and you look more than capable."
Athelstan nods at Anja's suggestion and says "Good idea. We can add some extra supplies and stay in the moor as long as we need, then head out assuming we get a direction."

Athelstan will politely ask Pyotr for some rations and some spirits. "I'm sorry to impose, but if we could get some food and some minor spirits for the trip, it would be a great help. And with Vanya's blessings, we'll be back here with your brother in no time, plus the heads of those behind this mess."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Soldath - Mage

Soldath gets ready to go.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Jörg - Fighter
Jörg will join, not knowing what we are doing or why...but Jörg can fight! What must Jörg kill to prove prowess in battle?" he asks looking at Athelstan expectantly.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Athelstan - FIghter

Athelstan smiles at the big fighter and says "You have nothing to prove to me. Just help me kill goblins and any who get in our way, and retrieve good Stephan. Then we'll come back here and drink our fill in celebration."

Athelstan will gather what he needs and prepare to depart.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror