LL AEC pbp: Treasure Hunt (CLOSED for now)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

LL AEC pbp: Treasure Hunt (CLOSED for now)

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 am

Here's a 0-level adventure to test your mettle.

Marooned on a barren isle...

The island of Viledel, the mighty Sea King, was sacked by pirates 60 years ago. Its destruction was so complete that even the location of the island was lost and forgotten. Despite the rumors of immense treasures still hidden in the ruined stronghold, no one ever found the Sea King's island again.

Until now. Through a cruel twist of fate, a small band of unwilling adventurers is washed ashore on a small, barren island, and discovers what remains of Viledel's settlement. But they aren't alone; marauding humanoids have found the island, too, and are frantically searching for the lost hoard. In this desperate treasure hunt, the real payoff may be survival.

Seeking 4-6 players able to post every 2-3 days. All characters start at level 0 (-500 XP), neutral alignment, with no money or equipment. All AD&D/AEC surface dwelling races welcome. How easy is that? Your actions during the course of the adventure will determine your class and alignment upon reaching 1st level, should you survive. I can give more details to those who are interested.

You are interested, right?
Last edited by tumblingdice on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: LL AEC pbp: Treasure Hunt (Moonshae Isles, Forgotten Rea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 am

I'm interested!! Could I start as a 0 level aspiring drunken scholar? :D Let me know what the next steps are!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Spanningtree, the Moonshaes are a pseudo-medieval mashup of Celtic and Norse cultures all thrown together on a fantasy version of the British Isles. I think we'd be hard pressed not to accommodate your request.

That said, this is a shipwreck adventure. Do not, I repeat, do not, name your drunken scholar "The Professor," lest I start you off with -1000 XP instead of -500. Got it? ;)
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 pm

AAARGH!! I'm trying very hard not to join any new games, and to I've made a rule for myself about "no AD&D"... but I love 0-level adventures and I've never played (or seen) this module before... not sure how long I can resist the pull :o
kipper

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Kipper. Knowing your line in the sand regarding AD&D adventures, I thought for sure you'd be the first in line to offer your "thanks, but no thanks" regrets. Interesting...
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Note: I edited the original post to specify that all surface-dwelling races are welcome. Drow, Duergar, Svirfneblin: we love you, and as DM I try to say yes, but you're just not going to fit in with this adventure.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Duh, yeah... count me in! Sounds cool, never played this one! I want to be an angry, overbearing elitist snob brawler type. Oh, wait... nevermind. Count me in, I want to be a Gold Dragon. If dragon is a no go, I'll be an Orcus. Barring that, a human male.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm in as a kuo-toa. Should be useful in a water adventure.

If the DM says no, then I'm in as a different character.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 pm

No Orcus! No kuo-toas! No capes!

Unless you want to be a 0-level Orcus, a 0-level kuo-toa, or a 0-level cape. A scarf, maybe? :)
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

This hasn't even started, and it's getting less fun. But I'm still in. And if Mr. Greyarea can't go Kuo-Toa, I won't rock the boat with my 0-Level Demon Prince of Undead. Looks like ho-hum human for me. And if its no capes, I'm in with one of those snazzy Tom Baker style Dr. Who scarves.
badams30

Next

Return to Gamer Gatherings